cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHAMY
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Email login problem

I have repeated problems logging into my emails. I have changed my password, which has been recognised by gmail on my mobile. I keep being told email address and/or password incorrect. I desparately need my BT email at the moment to connect to Zoom as I am stuck inside.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
TheBird78
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: Email login problem

I too am experiencing problems.  I received a text saying my email had been compromised and advised me to change my password, now I can't get any emails on my phone or outlook!

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

@TheBird78wrote:

I too am experiencing problems.  I received a text saying my email had been compromised and advised me to change my password, now I can't get any emails on my phone or outlook!

Ooooops! 

Did you, by chance, click on a link in that email?

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

@Carlushawrote:

@TheBird78wrote:

Ooooops! 

Did you, by chance, click on a link in that email?

Sorry, I meant in the SMS. 

0 Ratings
JHAMY
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

No. Not clicked on any link. It worked ok once yesterday and this morning again saying login details incorrect
0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

I am still wary of the fact you were sent a SMS from "BT" (note the quotes) advising your email had been compromised. I have had the same from O2 (I am with BT mobile) and from my bank. Both contain weird links but I would never click on an SMS link.

So, you changed your password using your webmail and favourite Browser?

0 Ratings
JHAMY
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

That wasn't me. I haven't had any SMS from BT except the code to change my password which works on my mobile plus an email saying my password had been changed.

0 Ratings
TheBird78
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

No, I went into BT direct
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

When two people post on the same thread about a problem it always leads to confusion regarding who questions are for and the answers given. 

It is best if the OP sticks with this thread and the person who joined it starts their own thread.

0 Ratings
TheBird78
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

No I didn't click any link. I went direct through the BT website
0 Ratings