cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Email mailbox

I allocated my son one of the 11 email addresses I have available with my broadband account and now a few years later he has ordered his own broadband at a different address. Am I able to transfer the email address to him so he can use it with his own BTID?

I have read in the help about gifting an email address, but it is not so clear how to do this

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email mailbox

If you "gift" the email to your son he can then set up his own BTID (see link how to do that)

What is a BT ID and how can I get one? | BT Help

and he would then be able to manage the email account without you having to do anything. You would not be able to access it or change anything such as the password as all this would be under his control. You could however still delete the email account if you wished.

See sub link "How to gift an existing email address to another person. (move to affiliated account)"

Creating BT Email addresses? | BT Help

He could just leave it at that but it would be better for you both if he has full control of the email account so  after you have gifted the account to your son he can then move the email account to his new BT Broadband account and it would then become part of his BT Broadband account and be totally separated from your account. You would not be able to delete it or have anything to do with it.

Can I move my BT Email address to another account? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

How do you actually gift the email address. I had already read the documents that you suggest, but it is not clear how to actually do so. The shows an option that is called "gift email address" but when I go into the manage email menu I don't have this option against my son's email address. BT support advised my son should create his BTID with his email address but the Create BTID would not allow this.  Think I will have to call support again 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Log onto your MyBT then go to "Your Products" then "Email, Manage". 

Once there go to the email address that you want to gift then click on "See Options". It should show the option to "give this email address". Click on that then follow the prompts.

If you do not see that option what do you see?

What section is the email address in. Is it below your "main" email address or is it in the section "Email addresses you have given to family and friends"?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I have just checked again logging in to "MyBT" and going through the "Your Products", "Email" and "Manage"

I see my son's email as an email address given t family and friends, and if I use "Options" the only action visible is "Remove from my account" no option available to "Gift email address"

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

In that case, you have already gifted it.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

As stated by @licquorice  you have already gifted it so now just follow the procedure in the link about "Can I move my BT Email Address........"

0 Ratings