cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDA500
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Email messages not downloading

For a while now I'm having problems downloading (or sending) emails using Windows Live Mail and just these last few days I keep getting the same response:

Unable to send or receive messages for the XXXXX account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Maybe several hours later it works or maybe not - it will soon be quicker to post a letter!

My fibre broadband works okay, all the settings have been checked and are correct so what is going on? Yes, I can see messages in webmail but I'd rather have them downloaded as I have several email accounts and like to see them all in one place - with webmail I have to log in to each account separately it seems.

Never had this problem with Plusnet using ADSL.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
MGMan
Beginner
Message 2 of 2

Re: Email messages not downloading

I've had a similar problem since Wednesday, with one of my 3 BT email address. It just won't download, but I can send emails (it happens to be my main email address so lots of emails sat waiting). I don't get an error message however. I had a similar issue to you about a month ago and I changed the account over from a POP3 to an IMAP and all was fine. Might be worth changing over to IMAP.

0 Ratings