cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Email - new one glitchy as hell!

I've been put on the new email.  Three main issues.

- I can't do a reply without it breaking up sentences and/or returning to the beginning. It's like typing on an early Amstrad:)

- How do I change the default typeface and font size permanently to my preferences?

- Far left of screen taking up too much space (search, inbox, drafts etc) I have to manually shrink it every time 

Thanks for any advice

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Email - new one glitchy as hell!

@Bettje wrote:

I've been put on the new email.  Three main issues.

- I can't do a reply without it breaking up sentences and/or returning to the beginning. It's like typing on an early Amstrad:) This is a known problem that BT email team are apparently working on.

- How do I change the default typeface and font size permanently to my preferences? At present you can't change it . That may change if BT get around to issuing an update to fix the many problems they have.

- Far left of screen taking up too much space (search, inbox, drafts etc) I have to manually shrink it every time As above answer.

Thanks for any advice

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I need to keep my (currently rubbishly functioning) BT email address for the time being. Is there a way of hooking it into a gmail address to get the functionality?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

You don't need to do that. Just stop using webmail and use a mail client instead. Try the free Thunderbird

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks. Wasn't sure of difference between webmail and client. Just Googled. Whole new world. I switch between devices. Would I have to use mail client on all of them?   

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

No, you can mix and match. As long as any client is configured as IMAP, all devices will stay in sync.

You can use different clients on laptop and mobile and webmail all at the same time.

You can also configure multiple email accounts from multiple providers all in the same place in Thunderbird

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Blimey! Who knew.  Well I didn't:)  And I can keep this boggart of a BT address? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Yes, indeed you can

0 Ratings