cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Email nightmare after upgrade

We agreed a new deal about a month ago after five years with BT, received the new modem, set it up, went on holiday (having accessed email and sure it was working) and came back to no access to emails.

We have two active email addresses. I'm the account holder and my bt email is still coming to my phone email app, but I can't log on via the website. Each time I try I get the message to set up two step authentication, do so and then go back to email and get the message again- just going around in a loop. I've had 8.5 hours over four attempts for the "help" team to sort this and we are no further forward. It has been "escalated" 3 times and I have heard nothing back. 

My wife never set up bt email to go to her mobile app so she has had no access at all for three weeks now.  One of the "help" team told me I have to request the owner of her email address to gift it to us- it's already ours! 

We're getting absolutely nowhere with BT so I thought I would see if anybody here can help?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email nightmare after upgrade

When you set up 2FA did you receive an acknowledgement and did you use it to complete the process?

See Link

Two-step authentication | BT Help

Can you see and access your email accounts if you log onto your MyBT then go to "Your Products" > "Email, Manage" and if you can what status does it show?

What happens when you try to log on with this direct link?

BT Email 

Have you tried clearing the history and cookies from your browser. Make sure they are cleared "From All Time" if your browser allows that.

Have you tried a different browser?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi yes I get confirmation re 2 step when I switch it on and when I switch it off. 

Even with the link above I just get the same 2 step message:

Set up two-step authentication.

Before you can access your email service you’ll need to login with your BTID to enhance your account security with two-step authentication.

Two-step authentication adds an additional layer of protection when you access your account. It’s quick and easy to set-up.

Back to log in with BT ID

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Still getting nowhere with this. BT don't seem bothered, just keep telling me that email is free. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Donnyhatter,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry if this hasn't been sorted and if you still can't access your email. If you send me your details, I'll be able to get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings