cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Email not appearing on desktop computer

Hello, I am sometimes receiving emails on my phone and tablet (Android) but they never come up on my desktop. This is not all emails and the problem is not limited to any one sender, it seems completely random! Has anyone experienced this and if so, is there an answer? Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email not appearing on desktop computer

If you have your email set up on your phone as an IMAP account and you delete the email it gets deleted from the server and will not be there for your PC to see.

If you have your phone set up as a POP3 account you need to make sure that the setting to leave a copy on the server is ticked. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the quick reply. Bit technical for me but I'll try to check the settings (which I've never changed since having the phone and tablet). I've had this problem when emails have not been deleted but are still on my phone/tablet. Strangely, it's become more regular recently and I haven't done anything differently....mystery!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

This link has a guide to the difference between IMAP and POP3 email accounts

https://www.howtogeek.com/99423/email-whats-the-difference-in-pop3-imap-and-exchange/

How do you access your email on your PC? If it is on an email client such as Outlook or a Windows app you need to check the settings on that as well.

If you want your email to synchronise on all your devices, ie if you send on one it will show as sent on them all or if you delete on one device it will delete on all, you need to check that they are all set up as IMAP accounts.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks. I've been asked this question before, about how I access email....never been sure how to answer it!! Ihave two email addresses one is gmail (no probs so far).. Usually I just log in to BT and look at my emails, no idea how they get there! On the desktop I click on to Google then BT mail. Will attempt to check the settings. As I mentioned, I've never touched the settings so not sure why this should have started happening now... will try your suggestions, thanks again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

If you use a web browser and log on via BTMail then you are using "webmail" on your computer. There are no settings that you can change on that. 

As I said, I suspect that it is because of the way the account is set up on your phone or tablet and which device you use to check your emails with first. 

Have you checked the Trash folder on the PC to see if the missing emails are there.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thanks so much. Am off to check settings on phone, etc. Fingers crossed!
0 Ratings