Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
a_1
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Email not being sent from Windows Phone

Go to solution

I can't send e-mails from my BT Internet account on my Windows phone when it is connected via my mobile phone provider (O2).  It works when I am on WiFi.

I think I've been having this problem for a while, but not really noticed it as I am usually connected via WiFi.

I have checked my Incoming and Outgoing settings and they are the same as shown in the instructions on the BT website.  I have also deleted my account from my phone and readded it in, but this hasn't helped.

I have no problems receiving e-mails with or without WiFi.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Email not being sent from Windows Phone

Go to solution

do you have your phone set to allow the use of mobile data - which is different to data on wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
a_1
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

No my phone is set to "use mobile data", so that isn't the problem.

0 Ratings
a_1
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

And to add, I can send e-mails from my Microsoft account when not on WiFi, so it seems to be a BT specific issue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

i would check your setting again 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/~/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoing-and-incomi...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
a_1
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Yes I've checked those and they are the same as in the link.

0 Ratings
a_1
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Are O2 and BT Internet e-mail addresses compatable?

Go to solution

I can't send BT e-mails from my phone when it is only connected via O2 (not via WiFi).  I can receive.

All the settings are absolutely correct - they work when connected to Vodafone.

Are btinternet.com e-mail addresses and O2 not compatable?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Re: Are O2 and BT Internet e-mail addresses compatable?

Go to solution

Is your e-mail application configured to use POP3 or IMAP?

Its unlikely to be an O2 or BT issue, it more likely to be a setting within the e-mail application itself.

I am not familiar with Windows phones, but I assume they have a native e-mail application?

0 Ratings
a_1
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Yes they have a native e-mail application and the settings are just as shown on the BT help site:-

mail.btinternet.com with port 993 for incoming, 465 for outgoing and SSL ticked.

Different Windows phones don't work for O2 and BT internet, but different mobile providers do work - Vodafone works with the same settings.  Therefore it can't be an issue with the Windows system, it can't be an issue with the settings on the phone, it must be something to do with O2 and BT internet.

0 Ratings
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Have you checked the help and support page on O2's web site  relating to you phone? They do give details on  how to set up phones for emails with BT.

0 Ratings