Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_AP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Email not being sent via mobile network

Go to solution

Hello - I am having trouble with sending mail from a Windows (8.1) phone via a Three network connection. SMTP is set to use SSL on port 465. This is working fine when connecting via (BT) WiFi, and I am pretty sure it has been working previously with the mobile network. Other mail accounts work through the Three mobile network without problems. Incoming mail (IMAP) is fine. I am not gettingg any specific error message, the phone just reports it cannot send, and puts the message into a drafts folder. Anyone any idea what might be wrong? Thanks and regards...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email not being sent via mobile network

Go to solution

@Mike_AP wrote:

Hello - I am having trouble with sending mail from a Windows (8.1) phone via a Three network connection. SMTP is set to use SSL on port 465. This is working fine when connecting via (BT) WiFi, and I am pretty sure it has been working previously with the mobile network. Other mail accounts work through the Three mobile network without problems. Incoming mail (IMAP) is fine. I am not gettingg any specific error message, the phone just reports it cannot send, and puts the message into a drafts folder. Anyone any idea what might be wrong? Thanks and regards...

Hi.

@In the smtp settings, is the username the full email address ? If not, add @btinternet.com

0 Ratings
Mike_AP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email not being sent via mobile network

Go to solution

Hello Andy_N - Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, the username was full... but it now seems to be working again. Tested earlier this morning, still not working. Tested another device via Three and a different email client - working OK. Tested phone again: now also working. Hey ho. Presumably some sort of glitch... somewhere... Thanks again for your help - Mike.

0 Ratings