cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Email not sending from outlook - Undeliverable

Can someone help please! 

I use my BTinternet.com email from outlook on a desktop and also on iphone. When sending emails from Outlook they are bouncing back saying 

NO SENDER

Undeliverable: (then the email subject) 

It has done this a few times, usually if I log on to webmail and send some test emails it works again, but not this time. 

Anyone have any ideas? So frustrating 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email not sending from outlook - Undeliverable

Are you a BT Broadband customer or are your paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

BT broadband customer - upgraded about 4 weeks ago
Not paying for premium email - do you think this maybe the solution?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

When you say you "upgraded" were you previously a BT Broadband customer and if so what did you "upgrade from and to?

If you have only been a BT Broadband customer for four weeks I am surprised that you have been able to set up a BTMail email account.

From 26 October 2022 BT Email is no longer offered to customers who take BT Broadband packages. For customers who have not already set up the service, the option to do so will no longer exist in MyBT.  Existing BT Broadband customers who already have a BT Email service activated, can continue to use it as they do today including the ability to create additional email addresses up to the 11 permitted.

Was your email account set up prior to the above date such as on a parents broadband account and if so is that BT Broadband account still active?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

We were on fibre broadband with Bt and upgraded to the Super enhanced broadband beginning of March.
We have had the email address for over 10 years
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I'm not sure what the "Super enhanced broadband " is but in any event your email should work. If it is sending OK when you use webmail it would tend to point to a problem with Outlook.

Does the problem also occur when you are using 3g/4g on your iPhone or is it only when connected to wifi on your BT Broadband?

Have you tried/can you try a different email client/app such as Thunderbird for test purposes to see if it is an Outlook or BT fault?

0 Ratings