cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 92

Re: Email not syncing on Android

Go to solution

Did as Dolphin suggested, deleted my BT account from the Gmail app and reinstalled it.  It worked, all emails have now synced.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 92

Go to solution

I've tried the delete/add several times and while emails are then synced and continue to do so if I open any of them then no further emails appear.

Message 33 of 92

Go to solution

Sorry to read that EleyD.  Fortunately it worked for me.  Receiving emails from BT server even ater opening previous ones.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 92

Go to solution

Subsequent to this, it's now stopped synching again. I may try and remove / re-add the account and see if this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 92

Go to solution

Since I deleted and then re-added my BT account (see my message on 5th), it has been working perfectly. Hard to see why this doesn't work for others. Did you let Gmail do the process automatically (as I did) or do it manually?

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 92

Go to solution

Well it worked for a day or so - now stopped again!

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 92

Go to solution
I've had the same problem started Fri, so sat looked on my laptop and I had missed 12 emails, so rang bt they said there's no problem the first guy I spoke to said I was the 3rd person with the same problem, I was told to use the bt mail app which I downloaded and all my emails were there, I updated my Gmail app and all of a sudden all my missing emails turned up, apart from this email to reset my password.
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 92

Go to solution

Had a lengthy webchat with Google support last night. Lots of suggestions but nothing worked.

I've unlinked my BT email and added it back. Google automatically set up the mail server and port so it's not like it's a minor isp in their eyes.

They suggested raising a ticket with the development team which I'll do today. 

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 92

Go to solution

Thanks David. I've had the same problem as everyone else - gmail not synching emails with BT and this fix worked for me. FWIW, I also found that if I re-enabled Intelligent Control after switching to Don't Optimise it still seems to have fixed the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 92

Go to solution

Further to my previous post we have now got 2 mobile phones that can't receive BT e-mails of different makes, have tried all the above that I can understand and do to no avail. Have contacted Google/G-Mail asking if it is them or BT causing the problem and am awaiting reply, BT do not appear or want to know what the problem is. 

0 Ratings