Re: Email not syncing on Android

Go to solution
Emails ok on webmail
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 92

Go to solution

Its not a general problem.

I normally use Bluemail for BT mail but have just created an account on my Gmail app for my BTinternet address to test and it works fine.

Ignore above, spoke too soon. Not receiving mail, Sent mail syncing OK.

Further Edit:  Now its getting really weird, test email from different Gmail account received ok but not from the first.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 92

Go to solution

I've got the same problem. 

I also observed similar strange delivery problems last night, which I perhaps wrongly assumed that BT was trying fix something!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 92

Go to solution

HI,

I've also had the same problem for about three days.  First, outgoing mail got stuck in the outbox and checking the email settings, password etc. made no difference. Then the new incoming emails stopped arriving.

I have two other email addresses linked to my Gmail and they are both still fine, so this is an issue with BT alone.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 92

Go to solution

After 3 days, several restarts and three goes at reinstalling my account it finally seems to be working. It does appear to have been a problem specific to Gmail connecting to bt email. Gmail was connecting to other accounts fine.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 92

Go to solution

I have found that the latest update to Gmail which was updated on my phone on Wed night or Thurs early hour seem to cause the problem.

I have rolled back that update for Gmail and my email seems to be working a lot better. 

Obviously something that is in the update does not agree with the BT Mail, as my Gmail email address is working perfectly.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 92

Go to solution

See the same thing. The older version works ok.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 92

Go to solution

I'm having the same problem.. tried to get help from BT but because it works through the bt mail app they are refusing to believe that there is a problem..

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 92

Go to solution

Why would you expect BT to be able to fix a problem with the Gmail app?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 92

Go to solution

I think I've solved it (for me anyway).

In Gmail, go to the 'accounts' settings and remove your BT account. This will remove all your old emails from your phone, but you should have them stored on BT anyway, so no panic. Then set up the BT account again, as if it was new. This only takes a few steps. Lo and Behold! The missing emails from the last couple of days appear.

0 Ratings