Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveMo24
Beginner
Message 21 of 23

Re: Email not working on Android or tablet

Go to solution

Hi,

Agreed, it does appear that changing the password is the key to this - from memory I do have a vague recollection of this happening previously. 

Does appear that there’s an issue with the password hashes and only generating a new password and thereby a new hash fixes it - not good and yes can easily lead to people thinking their account has been compromised. 

Not great, hopefully for others that have this issue this will resolve their problem though. 

Dawnw81
Beginner
Message 22 of 23

Go to solution

@shadders 

Changed my Password on my BT ID which also changed my main email account password and it has now finally let me add it back onto my phone!!!!!

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.

BT need to maybe be a bit more helpful next time, if they had told me when I contacted them to maybe change my password it would of been sorted days ago. Obviously you guys need to go work for BT tech support as you are much better at it!

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
jahall123
Beginner
Message 23 of 23

Go to solution

Very many many thanks. Sanity restored 😊.   I too have my Ipad and phone mail connection working again. First changed password on MyBT account details, then changed on device settings for incoming and outgoing portals.  Also got the BT app to work which I had downloaded to help resolve the issue..is didn't as same old problem of not recognising my username and password.    Will probably dispense with the App.

Thank goodenss for this forum and helpful people who participate.   Agree with Dawnw81 that BT helpdesk really ought to have known how to resolve this.

0 Ratings