cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Email on Android phone - GMail

Go to solution

I am trying to set up my 2 BT Mail accounts on my new Android phone in GMail. When I try to add them, the 'primary' address sets up without issue, but when I try to set up the second address I keep getting the message that the password is incorrect.

As both addresses are from the same account, surely the password is the same?

Any suggestions please?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Email on Android phone - GMail

Go to solution

No, why would they be the same unless you gave them the same password. They are entirely different email accounts.

Select the forgotten login details here  and change the password.

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

licquorice

Thanks for answering.

When I log into my Email account through my BT, the change password option is only available through my main address. There is not an option to change my password on the second address.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Use the direct login page I linked to rather than via MyBT

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi licquorice

I used your link, but it only gives me the option of the main address which I think will change the log in password not just the password for the second address.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Go to the log on page (link below) and enter the email address that you want to change then click on the "forgotten your login details " link below that. This will then prompt you through the process to change it.

BT Mail 

If that doesn't work try logging onto your MyBT and go to "Your Products" then "Mail, Manage". Once there you should see your email accounts. Click on the relevant account and go to "see options" and click on change password. Follow the prompts.

If that doesn't work click on the "Go to Favourite Mailbox" 

Once there click on your username and go to  "switch account".

This should take you to any other email accounts that are associated with your main account.

Once there click on your username again and click on "Account Info". Select "Change Password" and follow the prompts.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I used the link but it will not let me enter my second email address to log on. It has to be my main address, my log in address. It then only shows the main address in the list.

It is my second address not my main address that I am having issues with when trying to set up the phone. The main address works first time, but I cannot get the second address set up on the phone. It will not accept the password that works for the main address and is the BT log on password.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I have edited my post above that contains  other ways to change the password.

If your email address that you are wanting to set up is not shown in your MyBT it would appear that you have not created the email address correctly.

How did you set it up and have you previously been able to use it?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

If I go to my Email via my BT is shows both addresses to select individually.

If I select Account details from the drop down then the change the password button, it takes me to where your link does, and only shows my main address/log on address.

I have it working on my old phone which was set up years ago, but not on the new phone or another that I tried? As an experiment I tried to delete the address from my old phone and re-enter but then had the same password issue.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Do not go as far as going into your main email account but if you do you should enter the email address manually rather than letting the browser auto fill it.

What happens when you log on via your MyBT and go to "Manage,Mail" then select the email account that you want to change and click on ""See Options" then "Change Password"?

It should open a new page where can change the password and if you do not know the password you can click on the "Forgotten Password" at that point. This is in relation to the email account that you are currently in and YOU must enter the email account user name. Do not allow your browser to automatically enter the details.

0 Ratings