cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calculass
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 45

Re: Email passwords being generated

Has anyone been brave or maybe foolish enough to accept the new password in the hope that the damned thing goes away. Come on BT. Sort it out.

0 Ratings
pgbirtwistle
Beginner
Message 32 of 45

Yes, tried that, didn't make any difference and it didn't changed the saved password in Chrome or Firefox.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 45

Its not happening for me know, but when it did, as @pgbirtwistle  says, the saved password remained unchanged when clicking update.

0 Ratings
mmastro
Beginner
Message 34 of 45

This problem has been affecting me for the last week as well as other BT users I know. On logging in each morning my invisible password seems to become many characters longer...numerous extra black dots appearing, before the browser shows the 'secure auth URL '. The screen then either goes back to the login screen or says I have been locked out due to numerous failed password attempts. Sometimes it says locked out for 20 mins, or another screen says locked out for 15 minutes.....Despite this warning, a further attempt often gets me in regardless! I should add that my POP3 access via Thunderbird is not affected at all. The same thing happens on Edge and Chrome. As I say, this has been happening for the past week, about the time this thread started. It seems as if some BT/Yahoo new system is adding characters to my password for some kind of extra security on login, but then seeing this as an incorrect password. Despite this, POP3 access is unaffected. However, I need to log on via the web to access the Spam box or when BT's POP3 servers go down.... Someone at BT/Yahoo has clearly changed something in the last week and does not know how to fix it.....

0 Ratings
raymond1234
Contributor
Message 35 of 45

Well it is two weeks now if not longer that this has been happening to both my desktops using windows 10. I can stop it happening for a few times by using CC Cleaner, then it starts up again. As far as I can see that there has been no actual answer to the problem or am I missing something.

Whilst I can still log onto my accounts I am concerned that my security may be compromised, I have also changed my passwords but the same thing still happens.

Is there anyone there who actually knows what is going on?

0 Ratings
thewheelshavecomeoff
Contributor
Message 36 of 45

Same  problem, has been affecting me for the last three week as well as other BT users I know. On logging in each morning my invisible password seems to become many characters longer...numerous extra black dots appearingThe screen then goes back to the login screen.

This morning I have had the same problem signing into MyBT. I use mainly Edge but the same problem is on firefox as well.

Come on BT /YAHOO sort this out as it is becoming rather tiresome. 

Mike
0 Ratings
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 45

I have noticed that when logging in to BT webmail on my laptop ,windows 10, chrome browser, the extra dots appear. On my old desktop pc which is still running Windows 7 with chrome as browser it does not happen. Very strange. As it is happening on multiple devices using a variety of browsers the only common point is BT. I guess this will get as much attention from BT as the old password problem so many of us have suffered in the past.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 45

It's not really a problem as the password doesn't actually get changed, it's just a nuisance with the update details popup

0 Ratings
thewheelshavecomeoff
Contributor
Message 39 of 45

Its a PAIN when you are logging in and you have try again and again and you then get the acct. locked. Its ok today but it will be the same either tomorrow or a couple of days time. 

Mike
0 Ratings
raymond1234
Contributor
Message 40 of 45

Not sure if I have cured this problem, but two days ago I ran Spybot and CC cleaner (Free Versions) and log in seems to be back to normal.

I did notice earlier that I was getting directed to 'strange sites' do not suppose this was anything  to do with this topic but a bit unnerving when you do not know what is going on.

Will let you know if it starts up again.

0 Ratings