Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email problems applying for Turkey evisa

0 Ratings
alofiah
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Sorry I'm not getting the box to write up my problem...
When trying to apply for 3x turkish visas on evisa.gov.tr I never received any emails from them regarding my application. I was told by their advisor that there is a problem with bt email addresses. I didnt receive any regarding my applications' confirmation & ultimately payment & print off.
I waited for over 48 hours but no emails came through regarding my applications.

I used my gogglemail address & the whole process took less than 10 minutes, including mobile bank verification!

Is BT blocking something? This made a simple process so much more stressful & unsure than necessary. It also caused me to be concerned that my attempts at payments were being duplicated - thankfully they weren't.

Please can you liaise with evisa.gov.tr & sort this out for your customers travelling to Turkey. Visas must be sorted before travel & this is the only recommended way to do it for $20 per person. Not everyone has access to a second email address. It also is concerning regarding data regulations - you enter your details online & don't expect them to go nowhere.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@alofiahwrote:
Sorry I'm not getting the box to write up my problem...
When trying to apply for 3x turkish visas on evisa.gov.tr I never received any emails from them regarding my application. I was told by their advisor that there is a problem with bt email addresses. I didnt receive any regarding my applications' confirmation & ultimately payment & print off.
I waited for over 48 hours but no emails came through regarding my applications.

I used my gogglemail address & the whole process took less than 10 minutes, including mobile bank verification!

Is BT blocking something? This made a simple process so much more stressful & unsure than necessary. It also caused me to be concerned that my attempts at payments were being duplicated - thankfully they weren't.

Please can you liaise with evisa.gov.tr & sort this out for your customers travelling to Turkey. Visas must be sorted before travel & this is the only recommended way to do it for $20 per person. Not everyone has access to a second email address. It also is concerning regarding data regulations - you enter your details online & don't expect them to go nowhere.

Have you looked at the spam folder via webmail in case the email's in there?

BT may well be blocking emails from certain IP addresses or what it believes is dodgy - however, the system is extremely poor and as you've seen Gmail works as expected.

Stick with Gmail and stop using BTinternet for email. BT won't investigate or do anything about it.

0 Ratings
Erebus
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Alofiah is right: BT does block emails from the Turkish government. I had the same problem and submitted my tourist visa application six times on the official website but each time received no email to confirm. I checked with a travel visa company and they were aware of the problem with BT Internet and advised me to use another address which I did - Apple iCloud address. No problem with that address. 

0 Ratings