cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Email problems

I have 4 BT Email addresses (NOT Yahoo)....my partner uses one of them for work. 3 days ago her emails stopped syncing to her phone (Samsung, using inbuilt Email app).

I logged into MyBT to check there wasn't a problem with that particular Email address. When I tried to log into the individual address to 'manage it' it said I was using the wrong password ! I have NOT changed the password.

I attempted to change the password anyway on the particular email address only to find that the process had changed my BT ID password instead !!!! WTF ???

Spent 4 hours trying to find a solution to this, ready for ditching BT email altogether and head to Gmail.

Any suggestions before I call it a day?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email problems

Can you access your email using web mail?

I wouldn't hesitate and start using gmail asap and save all the hassle

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Tried accessing it with webmail....never gets past the 'validating server' message.

It works ok (Syncs, sends/recieves) on the PC and Laptop (using outlook) just won't work on the generic Mail app on her Samsung phone...has worked OK for 5 years...suddenly stopped a few days ago.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Make sure that you are using the correct server settings and not the Yahoo server settings on the app.

The correct ones are as per this link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings