cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 24

Re: Email recovery after IMAP accident

@licquorice wrote:

Does that work with W11?

No idea, I have Windows 10, but I would expect that the facility to mount a VHD would still be there. You would need to look at the administrative tools - Computer Management.

From my computer.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 24

I think I will just stick with my Acronis automated weekly backup.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 24

@licquorice wrote:

I think I will just stick with my Acronis automated weekly backup.

I used Acronis for years, but after a number of corrupted backups, I decided to stick with the system image, plus a daily backup up of  important stuff, on OneDrive, which is superior to any other cloud backup system.

@samuelthomson 

If you do try to mess with the Outlook files, take a system image first. If you have 5GB of files, then they must be you emails and attachments.

Message 24 of 24

Yes, to answer the question above, I've already looked at this link:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/data-files/how-to-manage-pst-files

The file does contain some emails.  For example, I have around 4000 emails in my "sent" folder and there are a couple of other folders that have survived, but others that are just empty. The whole folder structure is still there. 

I have tried using Stellar Repair to see what's in the .PST file, and it shows the same folders being empty/full as when I open the file in Outlook.

I don't have any system images as far as I know. What do you mean "mess with the Outlook files"? Which files are you referring to? 

0 Ratings