cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 21 of 32

Re: Email rules not working

I too share your comments totally.

I find it hard to believe that there are not a lot of people with this issue.  The email "rules" failing for me started back in March? 2020 and noticed my emails not going to the designated folder.  Then discovered that when I checked the filtering process, it had all changed but my initial setup of filters now "rules" were still there but some of the advertiser emails, but not all, started appearing in my "Inbox".  A couple of my recipient emails which never had a filter started appearing in the "advertisers" folder.  

So six months or so I still have the same issues!!  Manually moving emails to the correct folder along with the auto filtered emails.  This is after spending hours and hours trying to resolve the issues, by trying various conditions, resequencing how a rule appeared in the list of rules, various research suggestions from this particular forum and two official complaints,  latest currently still open.

I am amazed that this looks like a genuine problem and if so why is the forum not be looked at by a BT technical monitor? 

Why is there no official statement at the very beginning that this is a problem as opposed to some people having to say what the various solutions may be or not be?   How can this be?  With my IT background and with this type of problem, would be addressed without delay?

Just surprised that there are not many, many people out there saying the same.  Maybe it is very local and isolated?

Looking at the complexity of the rules (although described as very simple as to how to set up in the video)!  There are six different types of conditions, each with a drop list of 8!! types of options.  With a little background to boolean algebra and programming, this must be a nightmare of possible conditions to test for one email, times tens of thousands of emails to come through BT every second??!!

For the average person including this must be very difficult, especially if multiple conditions are attempted.

Why was such a complex rules setup allowed to be developed? All people would want is a simple test, if it comes from this email address then move it to that specified folder.  I'm sure the other conditions would be useful, but what per cent of people?  In other words, some very complex software has been developed with endless capabilities to capture anything but only a small fraction ever being used. Must a phenomenal burden of the processing of each and every email that comes in to go the vast number of possible tests?

Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 32

Well said @pcSaxon 

In addition, wouldn't it be lovely to be able to right click on a senders address then seeing the option to 'create rule'?

Contributor
Message 23 of 32

It's so frustrating.   I was happy with the workaround set of rules I was given (which took an awful lot of persistance and several months before they were provided).  However around a week ago this workaround stopped working.  

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 32

I didn't try the workaround - but being optimistic (??) maybe the fact it has stopped working means someone is trying to fix the original problem??
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 32

@joannasawrote:

It's so frustrating.   I was happy with the workaround set of rules I was given (which took an awful lot of persistance and several months before they were provided).  However around a week ago this workaround stopped working.  

Yes, you were the one that gave me the 'workaround' rules, I was quite happy using them, until they stopped working a few days back - would be alright if issue had been fixed to work properly, but it hasn't. Sure hope someone with authority reads this and tells whoever is messing about with the code to stop, as whatever they are doing, isn't working! 😁

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 26 of 32

I just sigh and live with it now as its been a problem for a long time now and complaining has brought no official response. 

Sh  te

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 27 of 32

Update

I have contacted BT support (again)  and they have now past my issues over to the "third-party application provider".

The details copy provided also has an extract of this forum to have a good read I trust.

Are there other people BT email with "Rules" issues?

The "Email Rules not working" issues have also been escalated higher.

pcSaxon

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 28 of 32

Thanks.  Mine weren't working for ages until I finally got the fix around listed above.  However this has now stopped working too.  

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 32

@pcSaxonwrote:

Are there other people BT email with "Rules" issues?

You are on the 3rd page of a thread with people with 'rules' issues! LOL So.I'm guessing - yes!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 32

Let's hope BT are now listening. At least it's prompted me to unsubscribe from lots of emails that were clogging my inbox!

0 Ratings