cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Email search not working after upgrade

Hi,

I've just been upgraded to the new email; moving from Yahoo.

Whilst sending and receiving seem to be ok, the search function isn't working on webmail.

I tried adding the bt email account to gmail as IMAP and again, searches don't work.

I urgently need to find an email from 2019 for a warranty issue, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email search not working after upgrade

Update....this is just on android; it works on chrome on windows 10

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

have you tried switching to desktop view on android instead of mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I've tried the desktop view on android, but get the same error. Very strange.

I've got the email I need via a laptop, but would be interested in understanding why it's not working on android.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I get the same grief - the 'new' 'better' searching is clumsy and I'd say not fit for purpose (Was it tested against the old system? Was it an improvement on what went before?) and constantly get 'An unexpected error occurred' message.  Now magically you can't search across folders; you have to know in which folder the email that you might be looking for resides.  Sort of defeats the purpose of a folder structure.  Googlemail is far far better, no file-size restriction (250K in-line!) and searching that actually works - I'll use that from now on!  BT need to sort the webmail client out pronto.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Not sure if this is related. I'm no longer able to access my emails at all after the migration from GMAIL app on Android using IMAP.

0 Ratings