cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aeromys
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Email stopped working on my iPhone

Hi - so last week BT changed something - my webmail browser interface looked very different... and my iphone stopped recognising my BT email account. I have looked through the guidance here and it talks about VPNs but as far as I know I do not use one! I have turned my phone on and off, changed my password everywhere - and nothing works...

Can anyone help me with this please?!

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Email stopped working on my iPhone

See link about the email changes.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-yahoo-update-settings

Aeromys
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thanks - however I already had changed to the mail.btinternet.com settings; it now won't recognise my password.

So I had changed my password through webmail, which worked, then reentered that, no joy

Then I deleted the account from my iphone and reset it up, and it still thinks the password - which works on webmail - is incorrect?! Where do I go now please? 😮

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Change the password again but this time wait at least an hour before setting up the phone.

This should allow the new password time to synch across the servers.

Aeromys
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the suggestion.

Interesting. so when I changed the password before, I used the "forgot password" method. this time I tried to do it in account settings, so I;

- logged into my email

- clicked onto the account, to change password

"user not known". eh?

Is this a call BT issue? is it related to the fact I have a talk21.com email (old skool) and a ***.t21@btinternet.com paired account (which, interestingly, I cannot log into the latter...)

0 Ratings
Aeromys
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Been in touch with helpdesk teams. It turns out that for some reason BT have unlinked my email from my account and even they cannot explain that, so the yahoo and webmail changes were red herrings, that side of things was OK.

Thanks for helping everyone 🙂

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

It may be that there is a problem with your email account password synchronising so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Is your problem now resolved or do you still need assistance?

0 Ratings