cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaycey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Email sub-account - how to change password?

I followed the instructions here:-

I've forgotten the password or username for a BT Yahoo! sub-account

However, once you've done step 3., there are no more instructions?!

2. Click on "Manage Sub Accounts" in the list under "Quick Links"

3.  On the next page (you may have to put in your password again to get to it), scroll down to see all your sub-accounts in a list with the email addresses (usernames) alongside

Yes, done all that - I'm looking at a list of my sub-accounts, but I can't do anything with it!  No links, nothing.  Smiley Indifferent

Could anyone please tell me what the next stage is?  Thanks.

(I can't change the password online, because it just sends you round in circles, and asks questions I can't answer - this was set up so long ago.)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email sub-account - how to change password?

It's a while since I've changed a sub account password but if I remember correctly when you get to the page you are on go to change my password. It's about half way down page. You get the option to put in which ever email account password you want to change and also a "forgotten password" option. If you select that you will need to enter security answers and it should then let you reset the password.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

@Jaycey wrote:

I followed the instructions here:-

I've forgotten the password or username for a BT Yahoo! sub-account

However, once you've done step 3., there are no more instructions?!

2. Click on "Manage Sub Accounts" in the list under "Quick Links"

3.  On the next page (you may have to put in your password again to get to it), scroll down to see all your sub-accounts in a list with the email addresses (usernames) alongside

Yes, done all that - I'm looking at a list of my sub-accounts, but I can't do anything with it!  No links, nothing.  Smiley Indifferent

Could anyone please tell me what the next stage is?  Thanks.

(I can't change the password online, because it just sends you round in circles, and asks questions I can't answer - this was set up so long ago.)

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

See my shortcuts (link below) option 3a. Hopefully that will work for you.

0 Ratings
Jaycey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I'm not winning here, sorry (have also had some confusing emails!).  My problem is that my security questions don't work, even when I put in the correct answers - and I only get three goes!  I need to be able to bypass that bit.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Obviously the security questions are there to prevent anybody bypassing it. If you are sure you have entered the correct answers the only other option is to contact BT and ask them to reset the password. You will need your account number and answer the security questions.

Contact Link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2MjciLCJzdGVwSWR4IjoxLCJzdG...

0 Ratings