Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tree_33
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Email sub-account missing

Go to solution

I have two email accounts, both are still listed as active on the My BT account page. My 'favourite' inbox opens okay. I used to be able to access the second via a dropdown menu top right of the screen but this option no longer exists. I can find no other way into my second account. Can someone help please. This is affecting my daily business. Thanks!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Email sub-account missing

Go to solution

Have you tried accessing it via the BTMail log on page.

BT Email

0 Ratings
Tree_33
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Yes I have tried, but the password only works for my favourite address not the secondary.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

The secondary will have a different password unless you gave them the same password when you set them up.

0 Ratings
Tree_33
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Yes I tried that with the only old password I can remember but it didn't work. I've accessed both inboxes from the favourite's inbox page for years via the dropdown menu. Of course I can't try to login with the secondary email address and use the 'forgot my password' as it will send the link to reset a new password to the inbox I can't access! Feel like I've hit a brick wall here. But thanks for helping.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Of course it won't or nobody would ever be able to reset a forgotten password. Just go through the forgotten password sequence and your password gets reset.

0 Ratings
Tree_33
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Excellent, thank you! I've now accessed my secondary account. But I am still forced to login into the two accounts separately rather than move between the two fluidly. Is there a way to connect both via the master inbox page?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Personally I wouldn't faff about with webmail, I'd use the correct tool for the job a mail client such as Thunderbird, Claws Mail, EmClient etc. You can then have as many different accounts as you like all in one place, far simpler.

0 Ratings
Tree_33
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I think I will. Thanks for your patience.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@Tree_33 wrote:

Excellent, thank you! I've now accessed my secondary account. But I am still forced to login into the two accounts separately rather than move between the two fluidly. Is there a way to connect both via the master inbox page?

While I would agree that you should use an email client, you can set up your webmail account to fetch emails from other accounts in the same way that an email client would.

Go into the setting, found by clicking on your username at the top right then go to Mail > accounts > add email accounts > add.  Enter the details for the account you want to access.

The server details are as per this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

Once you have set it up, when you log onto your "normal" or "master" account you will see the one you set up listed in the left hand side at the foot the column below your "master" list of folders.

You click on the name of the account and it will open along with its folders. 

0 Ratings