cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BaoBao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Email suffix changing from .com to .con

A couple of my email recipients have noticed that my emails contain, in the "From" heading, my name followed by email address @btinternet.con (should be .com, obvs). So that's the hyperlinked email address one can click on rather than using Reply.  This may explain why I'm not getting answers to some emails.

I use Apple Mail on iOS High Sierra 10.13 using Btinternet email which all appears to be set up correctly, as far as I can see.

Anyone else having this issue?  Any thoughts on how to rectifiy?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Email suffix changing from .com to .con

What  "From" email address is shown if you send an email directly by logging into your BT email via this link

BT Email

0 Ratings
BaoBao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your reply.  Comes up as .com.  Sent a message to gmail, and looked at the email in on my iPhone app and via Firefox on my MBA.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I don't use Apple devices so can not say how it is happening but it would appear that the "From" address must be either not set up correctly or is getting changed in Apple Mail. 

It could be that your recipients have the wrong email address set up in their contacts list.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

@BaoBaowrote:

Thanks for your reply.  Comes up as .com.  Sent a message to gmail, and looked at the email in on my iPhone app and via Firefox on my MBA.

Do you have a Reply-to address set which might be wrong (A "Reply-to" address can be different than the "From" address)

BaoBao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I guess I could but where would I find it?  I only use the Apple Mail app.  Have looked there but couldn't see anything wrong 

People who use the Reply/Reply All function don't seem to be the issue though.  The lost emails seem to be caused who click on the email link in From in order to send me a reply to emails

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Get the people who are having the problem check what email address they have listed next to your name in their contacts list.

0 Ratings
BaoBao
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I’ve already done that, and they both have the correct email address, ie .com

0 Ratings