cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

@rogerdee Thanks for your comment, if you trawl through all the comments you'll see that Chrome, Firefox and Edge all behave the same - random timeouts after a day or an hour or anything between.  Another browser, another problem ... 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 167

Much simpler to use the right tool for the job in the first place, a mail client.

Message 23 of 167

@rogerdee

Thanks for your suggestion but now I know that BT is aware of the problem, I think I'll wait for them to fix it.  I'm happy with Firefox and don't want to start chopping and changing browsers.  As an "elderly" user, technology doesn't come easily to me!

Message 24 of 167

As somebody in their mid seventies, I find technology does come easily to me. Don't blame age for your lack of interest.

I can't tune a piano, but it's not because of my age, it's because I have no interest in learning how to.

Message 25 of 167

Are you seeing any improvement?

Thanks

Roger

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 167

This has occurred only after BT changed the online log in requirements. It's nothing to do with 'another browser problem'.

Neil

Message 27 of 167

@licquorice  -

It's not lack of interest, it's lack of knowledge.  It's been a steep learning curve for me (I'm older than you!).

Unlike the youngsters of today, I was not brought up with IT, etc.  - like you.  Many grey hairs don't know the first thing about computers.  My late husband didn't even know how to turn on my laptop.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 167

@MNarshall 

I realise that.  It's just that a few posts on here mentioned changing their browser. We now know the problem has nothing to do with which browser you're using; it's BT changing its login requirements.  Let's hope it's just teething troubles and it is fixed asap.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 167

Thanks Froggy_Lady.  You bring clarity...

For those who do not understand the issue - including, possibly, BT - here is the log in screen that keeps popping up randomly after the system irritatingly logs you out.

snkj49jr.png

Message 30 of 167

@rogerdee 

It does seem slightly improved today.  I find I don't have to log in *every* time, just occasionally.

0 Ratings