cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

@MNarshall

You need to edit out your email address from your post. Apart from it being against forum rules to post email addresses, this is a public forum and you could end up with more spam than you can handle.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 167

Hi, 

I've been having this problem too and just logged in to the forums to see if I was missing something? I have always had different login passwords for my email and for 'My BT'. The 'new' login page appears to be the same one that I already have bookmarked, in fact my PC says that it is. I am being logged out every few hours, despite always asking to be kept logged in.

I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome, both updated to the latest version.

I have gathered that BT are aware and investigating, so I'll pop back every so often to see if there's any new updates.

Incidentally I have good reasons NOT to use an email client, although I know that some people find them very useful, so that's not my preferred solution.

Sue

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 167

@Sue036 

Hi Sue

With me, as with some other commentators on here, it can be several times an hour.  If I navigate away from a page and then want to return, I find I often have to log in again.  It's very frustrating and I hope BT solve the problem quickly.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 167

Just thought I'd enter my tuppence worth. I have the exact same issue, started my own thread before being informed of this existing thread. Random logoffs, random times, different browsers, just very irritating. Yesterday it happened whilst writing an email, to be fair, it caught about 40% in 'draft' so I only had to try and remember where I was for the next 60% LOL

I know a 'sage' on here will scoff at the issue, demanding we use an email 'client' but that's not a cure. Rather like taking your broken car to a mechanic, being told they can't fix it, but if you get a new car you'll be fine.

Just want it fixed, thank you BT...

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 167

🤐🤐🤐

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 167

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your recent posts and please accept my apologies for the problems you've experienced with the email system logging you out. The email team made changes yesterday to resolve this, if you're still experiencing problems please can you clear your cookies and cache?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 167

Hi Neil0

This is what you get when you clear cache and cookies!

Cache.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 167

And I've just been logged out again!

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 167

So you cleared cookies - then logged in and it logged you out again? How long after you logged in did it log out after? Did you click on anything (like contacts or other tabs) or did you just get signed out?

Thanks

Roger

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 167

Took no more than twenty seconds after clearing cache - I went to send an email and I was logged out. Deeply irritating.

0 Ratings