cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

There are a lot more of us with this issue. Is it a Windows 10 and Edge problem? Please sort out!!
0 Ratings
Message 52 of 167

@Jontheguitar 

Hi Jon

No, nothing to do with Edge or W10.  I'm with Firefox on W11.

The problem lies with BT, not their customers.

(See lots of other posts discussing this)

Froggy_Lady

Message 53 of 167

@Jontheguitar 

BT is keeping conspicuously quiet.  All we've had on this forum are a couple of apologies from moderators.

It's not good enough.  I can see many customers leaving BT in droves.

Froggy_Lady

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 167

Very odd, as I have not had any probs with BT email. I use Chrome though, whether that makes a difference I really don't know.
0 Ratings
Message 55 of 167

@ljm 

Is it a devious plot to get everyone to move to Chrome?!

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 167

😂
0 Ratings
Message 57 of 167

@Froggy_Lady 

It's Chrome that I'm using, so moving to it won't help, I'm afraid!

I think we have a good selection of web browsers and operating systems in use by those reporting this problem, so I doubt that any of them are the source of the problem (though they may perhaps have a shared characteristic that BT didn't take into account when designing their last upgrade to BT mail). 

Message 58 of 167

Good point! 

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 167

I have the same problem, though I've not noticed being shut out after only a few hours. I read in one of the replies to a very similar question, that BT is aware of this problem. My question now is: How long will it take for BT to sort it out? Surely, with all the technology at their disposal, it should not take longer than a couple of mouse-clicks. Why not just click the back arrow a few times and get the system back to where it was a month or two back? I use Firefox and Windows 11, btw.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 167

No doubt this is an annoying fault, but it was only a few years back that BT introduced (for security reasons!!) an auto log out actioned every 20 minutes LOL Maybe someone in IT accidentally hit that button again 😁

0 Ratings