cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

@Bert4545 

I use exactly the same as you, Bert, but I have to log in again and again whenever I navigate away from a page and want to return - sometimes several times an hour.  It's getting more than frustrating!

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 167

Each time I get a message that BT has a new & improved webmail service my heart sinks.

We went through the 20 minute auto-logout "improved service update" a few years back and that took an age to get  fixed.

The move from Yahoo! email, where BT lost years of my calendar & notepad data.

Now, with the latest "improvement" we're back to square one.

Add me to the list of "valued customers" very frustrated and angry at finding themselves randomly logged out of their email account multiple times a day, despite ticking the "keep me signed in" box over & over again. 

BT, providing a service that fails to meet my already extremely low expectations, yet again.

Message 63 of 167

@Ultraviolet13wrote:

Each time I get a message that BT has a new & improved webmail service my heart sinks.

We went through the 20 minute auto-logout "improved service update" a few years back and that took an age to get  fixed.

The move from Yahoo! email, where BT lost years of my calendar & notepad data.

The switchover from 'yahoo' was about 4 or 5 years ago now. If they reverted back to it tomorrow, it would still be years in advance of what BT has now managed to offer...

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 167

@Ultraviolet13 
Perhaps someone could get up a petition to send to the CEO.  I'm sure there would be dozens of signatures.  BT has us over a barrel - and doesn't seem to care how much it's affecting its customers.  After this latest problem, I'd be ready to leave tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 167

Me too, Froggy Lady. But BT threaten that we will lose our BT email address, so we'd need to contact everybody in our contacts list to tell them our new email address. We'd also lose all the emails we have kept, unless we learn how to save them.

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 167

@Bert4545 wrote:

Me too, Froggy Lady. But BT threaten that we will lose our BT email address, so we'd need to contact everybody in our contacts list to tell them our new email address. We'd also lose all the emails we have kept, unless we learn how to save them.

If you leave BT you DO NOT lose your email address or all your emails. Your email account would be "downgraded" to a free BTMail Basic account. 

The account can only be used via a web browser and not with an email client/app.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

Message 67 of 167

@gg30340 

Helpful information, gg, thank you.  But I wish I knew what an email client/app was.  I thought I always used a web browser, Firefox, to access and send my emails.  I also believe that BT would charge you for the change; I'm sure I read it somewhere.

When is the "management" of BT going to take notice of all these comments and DO SOMETHING about it?  It's driving me to distraction.  I have been loyal to BT since I first acquired my laptop ten years ago.  Is this how they repay loyalty?

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 167

BT allows former customers to access a basic form of their email account for free.
Those who want to retain the same features once they leave BT can pay for Premium email, which costs £7.50 a month.

Message 69 of 167

@Ultraviolet13 

Thank you.  I knew I'd read about a charge if you left BT.  I wasn't imagining it.

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 167

There are 2 options if you leave BT

Basic email is free.

You don't need BT broadband to have it. It has some of the same features as Standard or Premium email. 

Basic email you get:   (free)

• Just one BT email address. You won’t be able to create new ones, but any you already have will still work
  • Access via www.bt.com only.  You can't use this email with an email client or on your device
  • Protection from viruses, spam and phishing
  • Unlimited storage
  • UK-based tech support

Premium email is a lot like Standard email but costs £7.50 a month.
You'll need to pay the monthly fee by direct debit.

With Premium you get

• Protection from viruses, spam and phishing
  • UK-based tech support
  • Up to 11 email addresses
  • Unlimited storage

Honestly, it could be worse, Virgin Media just delete your email account 90 days after you leave - no options offered 

Interesting article here:

www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-11819957/We-ditch-broadband-lose-email-address.html