cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Email transfer from Virgin to BT

Go to solution

Hello.

I am currently a Virgin Media customer who will need to switch to BT in the next few months due to a house move.

Is there an easy way of transferring Virgin emails into a new BT email account (not yet set up)?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email transfer from Virgin to BT

Go to solution

your virgin email address will cease after 90 days from when you leave Virgin media  so you need to start informing contacts when you have a new email address whether that is BT or probably better gmail or similar.  That way moving providers has no effect on your email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

However, the question really is how do I get emails currently residing in a Virgin account into a BT account? Is there a way of downloading them then uploading into BT?

Cheers,

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Use a mail client such as Thunderbird, set up both accounts as IMAP and simply drag and drop  from one account to the other.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Aaah! OK! Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@rforsdykewrote:

Aaah! OK! Thanks!

I would suggest you not get/use a BTinternet email account - use something non ISP based, such as Gmail instead. That way you won't have any issues moving ISPs in the future.