cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Email trouble

Hi, I am having big trouble with my emails  from this morning : I cannot open a amail and read the message, or empty my bin or keep writing a draft, .... An error message shows up "an error occured when ... try again" or "you have moved this message while using another device at the same time ..." Despite of closing down the browser or restarting the computer or cleansing the browser, or changing device, or etc.... the trouble is still here. The BT team help desk doesn't hang up ...... I use this mail service for my business so it is quite embarassing. Anybody has got an idea about what is going on ? Many thanks

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Email trouble

@cferrari 

Are you a BT Business user, as you would be using a btconnect email address  and Office365.

Otherwise its not a very good idea to use a basic residential email service for business as its not going to be reliable enough.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Thank you for your message. I run my own businesse but I am not registred as a businesse BT user. I have never met any trouble with BT mail since then.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

@cferrari wrote:

Thank you for your message. I run my own businesse but I am not registred as a businesse BT user. I have never met any trouble with BT mail since then.

Then I suggest that you read the T&Cs for the BT Residential service. Email is not guaranteed, and if you read the posts on this forum, you will find lots of issues with BT Mail.

Its best to use Gmail, or any other service which is not tied to a specific ISP, or if you want to keep using BT, then move to a BT Business  account, and you will get a proper business email service.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

It could be a BTMail server that is "acting up". If you turn your BT Hub off for at least 15 minutes and then restart it hopefully it will be issued with a new IP address and a different BTMail server which may resolve your problem.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

I have had this problem since December 26th !

I still can't open emails  .All Bt has done is send me SMS every 10 days that they are still looking into this problem. I have had to change all my contacts to G Mail. Not good enough there must be loads of BT customers with the same problem.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

@saundyke wrote:

I have had to change all my contacts to G Mail. Not good enough there must be loads of BT customers with the same problem.

If there are they are not posting on this forum!

In view of the time it is taking for BT to give you any meaningful assistance I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Reading mail when abroad

Hi, A member from BT team has just told me that it is not possible anymore to read mails (or log in may be later on) when using local devices if you are not in the UK what means travellers cannot recently work anymore with BT website once abroad. My mobile mail app is deficient too..... It sounds weird as the use of the website was very fine until this morning from my French PC. Troubles with hackers I have been told.... more likely Ukrainian problem in my opinion if this reason is true ! Unless it is just a failure from BT as I am not  the first one to meet this kind of trouble already there before. If somebody has more information about connecting from abroad, would be great ! Good luck everyone.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Hi @saundyke and welcome to our community.

Thanks for raising this. I'm sorry you're having problems with your email. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you a private message now so  you can get in touch.

@cferrari I can help you also. Private message on the way.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

I'm having similar issues, get the same error messages when accessing via webmail, I also get e-mails that I've deleted on the windows 10 mail client returning after I delete them, only started yesterday, am wondering what has changed in the background.

0 Ratings