cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Email trouble

Done some playing, it seems to only affect the most recent 9 emails, if I send myself a test message I can then delete the 10 message, whereas I couldn't when it was the 9th most recent, if that makes any sense.

Hopefully it does to someone because it doesn't to me.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

This is happening to me too.
I cannot read emails on my PC (via the BT Yahoo webmail).
I keep getting deleted emails back in my inbox on my Android phone app.
I am also getting emails from myself (with no subject or content) sent on 1/1/1970.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Good Afternoon DavidM,  I am also having issues with bt email. I now live in Australia and pay for the email service. I have 2 btinternet.com accounts, interestingly one is up to date and has received emails in the inbox today. the other account which I mostly use has had the inbox emails deleted back to 12 January 2022.  I have definitely been sent emails today so what is going on with BT. I am really tired now of constant problems with BT email especially when I pay for the privilege and the so called premium service. There's often errors or unable to sign in. this is the first time a bunch of emails has gone missing.  Some of these may well be important but I have no way of knowing.

What is causing this issue and will I get those emails back and up to date, if so, when is this expected ? 

Can someone provide an answer please.

Thanks 

a very frustrated pom downunder.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

@spikeykipper890 wrote:

Good Afternoon DavidM,  I am also having issues with bt email. I now live in Australia and pay for the email service. I have 2 btinternet.com accounts, interestingly one is up to date and has received emails in the inbox today. the other account which I mostly use has had the inbox emails deleted back to 12 January 2022.  I have definitely been sent emails today so what is going on with BT. I am really tired now of constant problems with BT email especially when I pay for the privilege and the so called premium service. There's often errors or unable to sign in. this is the first time a bunch of emails has gone missing.  Some of these may well be important but I have no way of knowing.

What is causing this issue and will I get those emails back and up to date, if so, when is this expected ? 

Can someone provide an answer please.

Thanks 

a very frustrated pom downunder.

If you live in Australia and are using BT Premium email you are in breach of the conditions of use of BTMail. You must be resident with in the UK. If you are not resident in the UK you must contact the BT Premium email team.

See link regarding BT Premium email.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

and section 7 of the Terms and Conditions.

Email terms and conditions (bt.com)

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

thank you for your reply, I was a UK resident having been there my entire life and was advised by BT I could have the premium service if I was living elsewhere. I was not advised I could not have it at all. The service is paid for from the UK as I still have assets in the UK. 

I will follow up with BT directly.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Your replies are not helpful.

I live in the UK and have exactly the same problems accessing my emails as have been described by others.

I do not use my emails for business as I don't have one 

TECHNICAL help is required. Not legalese 

Message 17 of 20

@dmact wrote:

Your replies are not helpful.

I live in the UK and have exactly the same problems accessing my emails as have been described by others.

I do not use my emails for business as I don't have one 

TECHNICAL help is required. Not legalese 

I was not replying to you!  If you had bothered to read the post correctly you would have seen that it was a reply to spikeykipper890 which will impact on whether or not he gets any technical help.

I will now leave you to await your TECHNICAL help!

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Hello community,

Has the moderator DavidM sorted out your problem?
I am now in my 5th day without access to my inbox emails.

The same problems as posted previously,

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Hi Constantinos2,

No contact from David the moderator, I can access my inbox at present however it still deleted everything back to Jan 12th although in the last few days emails are slowly tickling back to the inbox since 12th Jan, currently up to 7th Feb so I expect my inbox to be up to date in a month !! It feels like a server went down and now they have rebooted from last back up and it's slowly updating however taking ages as I suspect there may be hundreds of users with this issue having to re-populate inboxes with thousands of emails and that may be causing other issues like yours. 

I've set a forwarding rule to another email so I receive all current emails which seems to work although not sure if you'll be able to do that. Check though, that might allow you to see current emails coming to your bt email inbox.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a big announcement from BT to say what's happening as this seems a major outage which is poor customer service from BT.  good luck ! 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Many thanks spikeykipper890.

Glad to see that your problem is slowly being fixed.

I managed to forward an inbox email this morning without being able to open it.

I then checked in my sent section and it showed that it was sent.

Of course like my inbox I was unable to open it.

Fingers crossed that BT will slowly resolve the issue,

0 Ratings