Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karbra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: Email yahoo login failure

Go to solution
Thank you DanielS - I've completed the form.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

The mods are a very small team and are very busy, they will get back to you when your case reaches the top of the queue in a few days.  They have a very good track record and will take ownership of your case until resolution.

0 Ratings
karbra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

The mods are a very small team and are very busy, they will get back to you when your case reaches the top of the queue in a few days.  They have a very good track record and will take ownership of your case until resolution.

That's good to know. I have always worked in a "customer service" type of role and have had to own cases myself until they are resolved. It was never acceptable to say I couldn't sort it out - I find it incredible that I have been fobbed off so many times and not had call backs when I was told I would.

0 Ratings
karbra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

@cbradshawwrote:

So I still have no access, I have been in contact with online support again, and with telephone call back.  Online chat support after resetting my password (yet again) said about 30mins later that there was a known issue and that technicians were working on it and it would be fixed in 24hours.  That is what I was told on Tuesday, and its still not working. 

Telephone call back (following a complaint submitted by myself) wanted yet again to reset my password, eventually persuaded them that this was not the issue as we had been through that rather a lot of times recently.  She then said she would escalate the call - so I get a call back tomorrow afternoon as that is the earliest slot. 

This is beyond ridiculous.  I get no reference number, no updates, just passed off with a 'it will be fixed in 24hours' even though they don't seem to know what or where the problem is.  

Good luck with getting a call this afternoon. I was promised one at 9am this morning which hasn't happened. I have been lied to by the online chat team on 5 occasions - promised 3 call backs that haven't happened, given a fault reference number that doesn't exist (and no faults registered on my BT account), told me email address has been deleted when it hasn't. How can people get away with telling lies???? Absolutely disgraceful. Let's hope that DanielS can help us.

UPDATE: Just had a call from BT at 9.45. Apparently I have to try and log in after 8pm tonight and it should be fixed. The lady that rang me (Payal) said she will ring back in the morning to make sure everything is up and running. They have also sent me a text to say my case has been raised to suppliers and they will call back tomorrow morning.

0 Ratings
cbradshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Hurrah, this morning my email is working again.  

0 Ratings
gav70
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

I have had this issue since midnight Thurs/Fri Its the same the primary account ok but sub accounts wont recognise emails to login. Went via the BT manage accounts in my bt and just get an error message. Tried logging in via yahoo and no joy nor via bt app. Accounts on phones etc all say the details i.e passwords are not upto date or that it cant recognise the email accounts. BT trying to fix it since Friday.

0 Ratings
cbradshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

I had this issue since last Tuesday, I had numerous online chats with support staff where my password was reset multiple times (despite that clearly not being the issue) and it was escalated to two line managers during the week.  

the issue does seem to be with the yahoo mail server, I was told on Friday late morning (by support staff returning my call) that it would be resolved by Friday 6pm, as I had also raised a complaint, that team called me early Friday afternoon and confirmed the issue was with yahoo mail server and they were working to fix it, and they said it would be available by Saturday morning. 

It wasn't available Saturday nor Sunday, however when I logged in this morning it was back.  

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @cbradshaw Thanks for the update and glad to hear that you can now access your emails again.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
gav70
Beginner
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

I still cant get into mine so this fix is as sporadic as the fault

0 Ratings
Ohnonotagain1
Beginner
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Having the same issue - I have had two "chats" that BT ended without any form of excuse.

I had the same issue around two months ago with not being able to access a particular email address and after sending an email from my (still active) mobile account that proved the account address existed(!) the emails were back up and running within 1-2 days.

Why am I having to suffer the exact same issue yet again????

0 Ratings