Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinaBoyce
Beginner
Message 11 of 19

Re: Email

Go to solution
HI Distinguished Sage,
I envy your knowledge and skills in navigating the methods of email, however, many of us are novices and just want a simple workable service-like it was before BT messed about with it!
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

No great skill or knowledge required to install and configure a mail client such as Thunderbird or Blue Mail. Windows 10 also has a built in mail app.

0 Ratings
Sandy64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

I see that you say one can downgade to basic email. I have read the choices, and see that basic is ok if you don`t mind losing some features - but it does not say what features you would lose. Is there a definition anywhere that shows these?   

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

@MartinaBoyce wrote:
HI Distinguished Sage,
I envy your knowledge and skills in navigating the methods of email, however, many of us are novices and just want a simple workable service-like it was before BT messed about with it!

If you are using your email on a phone or mobile device you are  probably already using an email client/app. If you set it up on the device without problem you will find setting up an email client on a computer is no more difficult.

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

@Sandy64  Basic mail is only available to use with webmail, you can't use mail clients or apps.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

@Sandy64 wrote:

I see that you say one can downgade to basic email. I have read the choices, and see that basic is ok if you don`t mind losing some features - but it does not say what features you would lose. Is there a definition anywhere that shows these?   

You lose the ability to use your email using an email client/app which means you will always have to use a web browser, even on a mobile device. You can not forward emails and the web page will contain adverts. You can not set up more BT email addresses.

0 Ratings
MartinaBoyce
Beginner
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution
I couldn't agree more JdV999. I have to refresh regularly, i.e.open up a new BT login page because of so many problems, e.g. I click to open an email, and an email 6 down on the list opens. Downloading attachment PDF's doesn't work, emails duplicated-I could go on and on. Just get it right BT-please!!!
0 Ratings
prabtcom
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

I wouldn't know what a client system or a webmail was if I fell over one. I do know that when I open an email it appears twice, and is easier to negotiate by closing the one that is in a lined box.  

BT's email problems are dragging on and on

If all these other systems ( bluemail or thunderbird ) are so good why doesn't BT just add them to their system, so that we automatically use them without knowing or thinking ?

Or go back to yahoo and ask them if they will sell their old system back to BT ?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

@prabtcom wrote:

I wouldn't know what a client system or a webmail was if I fell over one. Do an Internet search and enlighten your self.  I do know that when I open an email it appears twice, and is easier to negotiate by closing the one that is in a lined box.  Try single clicking on the email to open it instead of double clicking on it.

BT's email problems are dragging on and on

If all these other systems ( bluemail or thunderbird ) are so good why doesn't BT just add them to their system, so that we automatically use them without knowing or thinking ? Because they are entirely two different systems.  The BTMail that you are using is accessed by using a web browser which most if not all people have on their computer. It is accessed by a web page that BT can design and control to suit BT's needs.

To us an email client you need to download it, install it and then set it up in order to access your email account. While that is relatively easy not every person wants to do that. BT do not have any control over the many different types of email clients that are available and can not possibly train their staff on how the different ones operate.  

Or go back to yahoo and ask them if they will sell their old system back to BT ? BT have no intention going back to the Yahoo system, which has been hacked numerous times, so that will not be happening.

0 Ratings