cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nantmorlais1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

When sending emails the recipients are asked  to reply to an email address which is not mine, consequently I never recieve replies. The reply is asked to be sent to an email address which I have never used . Any suggestions ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email

Go to solution

out of curiosity one is not btinternet and the other btopenworld?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

If you are on the BTMail email system, log onto your email account and go to Settings > Mail > Accounts> click on the BT Account that is in the box and click Edit > Check the "reply to" address and change it to the address you want replies to go to. You should keep a note of the one that is there. Click Save.

nantmorlais1
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Many thanks , your instructions were spot on, everything now working OK.
Thanks again
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Don't post the email address that was there but do you recognise it and do you know how it got entered there?

It could be that somebody has accessed your account and changed it for nefarious reasons

Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@nantmorlais1wrote:
Many thanks , your instructions were spot on, everything now working OK.
Thanks again

As has been said, do you recognise the Reply-to address?

If not, and if you've not done so already - change your password. If you had any personal data stored in emails, you might need to check any relevant access to those too. Unfortunately, (only if the reply-to address isn't recognised), your contacts may also have had their email addresses compromised - i.e. added to spam lists.

0 Ratings