cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eanf
Beginner
Message 2 of 3
My Bt email has suddenly stopped transmitting incoming and outgoing emails on my iPhone and Mac (account error message). I have with Apple support removed and then tried to reinstall Bt mail ( as ‘other’and as Yahoo) but now it won’t let me reinstall at all. Password is fine as I can successfully log in to web mail. Any one had similar issues recently please and know a solution?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Eanf
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: Unable to connect email on mobile or MAC

Go to solution
Suddenly my BT email on Mac and IPhone will not send or receive emails. When deleting account and then trying to reinstall will not permit reinstallation as does not recognise account or password (whether under Yahoo or ‘other’). Password is fine for logging in to BT yahoo on webmail so not that. BT say it must be a BT issue. Apple say a BT issue. Argh. Google mail which I have just installed works fine. Am on ssl. Anyone know solution please?
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to connect email on mobile or MAC

Go to solution

@Eanfwrote:
Suddenly my BT email on Mac and IPhone will not send or receive emails. When deleting account and then trying to reinstall will not permit reinstallation as does not recognise account or password (whether under Yahoo or ‘other’). Password is fine for logging in to BT yahoo on webmail so not that. BT say it must be a BT issue. Apple say a BT issue. Argh. Google mail which I have just installed works fine. Am on ssl. Anyone know solution please?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

As you are on BTYahoo, stop the Mac and iPhone checking for emails then use :-

https://mail.yahoo.com

then logout and try one device again.

Never believe what Apple or BT online/chat support say - they nearly always give the wrong advice, and certainly deleting the account or app/reinstalling is not the thing to do. Also never change any settings or passwords.

Your initial post asked if anyone else have similar problems, even a small read through this forum would have shown that this is a very common occurrence. Unfortunately most people visit these forums after changing things and trying to delete/re-add stuff - which can make things worse initially.

The most relevant answer is to do nothing, as the problem can last for a few hours to a few days. (Webmail is always unaffected). With a BTYahoo account, the thing to do is login as above.

0 Ratings