cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 52

Logging into my email today I find that I now have to double click on messages to read them which then opens a new window. I'm not technical at all so have I somehow clicked on something to alter the settings or is it a feature of the upgrade? Any advice would be very welcome

51 REPLIES 51
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 52

Email problem

Go to solution

Single left click to open emails has suddenly stopped working, Have tried older suggestions but did not resolve problem, any other ideas. Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 52

Re: Email messages will not open

Go to solution

I've been experiencing the same problem today. I find that if I double-click on an email it does open, though in a separate window. If this keeps happening, I think contact with BT is going to be on the cards! Hope this helps in the meantime though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 52

Go to solution
Thanks! Obviously I couldn't open your message except on my phone ha ha. Yes the double clicking thing does work although awkward as have to shrink everything down to make room. Best wishes.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 52

Go to solution

Yes I'm getting exactly the same problems and it is so frustrating. I do NOT want to have to click on an e mail and wait for it to open in another box. Is this BT's latest super crazy way of making things as difficult as possible for their customers? They are a nightmare with everything they do and I have been having problems ever since becoming a BT user 10 years ago. Enough is enough.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 52

Re: Email

Go to solution

It is nothing you have done.

here is a problem with BTMail which apparently BT are aware of and are working on a fix. No idea when this will be implemented.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 52

Go to solution

having the same problem but only on one of the three addressess on my account

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 52

Go to solution

Same here, suddenly found i can only open emails if i double click them, then the email open in a new pop up style window. Glad it's nothing i have done! Lets hope BT put right what they broke real soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 52

Go to solution

Hi  This is how the new mail now works. Open up a mail it opens in a new Window  to close it click the X top right it goes back to the inbox  or  the page you was on before. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 52

Go to solution

#goldmankind, are you sure? Why would they do that?  The emails don't fit in the small window it automatically opens when i double click to open an email, plus the buttons along the top of the page are not shown when the mail opens in a new window. At the moment to read an email properly i have to resize the window each time, then, if i want to delete or reply, or forward the mail i now have to select the option from a drop down list.

Before it was one simple click to read an email. I don't think the way it is currently working was intended, if it is, the person responsible needs firing.