Go to solution

See message 6.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 52

Re: Email messages will not open

Go to solution

You're so right! It's a nightmare. Instead of viewing a full clear message with one click, a little window pops up, which you then have to expand, and the layout and font of the message then displayed are vile. What the hell is going on!? Like you, I can't believe this is intentional on BT's part. Also, is anyone else suddenly experiencing problems with actually typing emails? I find keys repeating, even though I haven't changed the repeat speed at all. Weird😠

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 52

Re: Email

Go to solution

Same issue for me : The emails don't fit in the small window it automatically opens when i double click to open an email.To read an email properly it become now so difficult .I think the BT Teams are deliberately making life difficult for us . The new system suck . There is no delete on the bar , to archive into folder,reply or forward you have now to select the option from a drop down list : what a waste of time ! Contacts are super slow and confusing . This is not acceptable .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 52

Go to solution
This happens if your view setting is "None" which I prefer. Using "Right Pane" changes it. However it is unacceptable and if you check other messages in the Community you will see there are so many issues with the new email but no-one is doing anything about it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 52

Go to solution
Totally agree with you. This is not how it should be and the only way I can open mail with one click is with the "Right Pane" view setting which is not what I want.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 52

Go to solution
How can you tell they are aware of this? Are they also aware of the loads of other issues mentioned in the Community?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 17 of 52

Go to solution

I have the same issue. I have to double click to open, then a new window opens but with such a small screen, I then have to enlarge it to see it all. I can't reply to it there. I have to go back to the list and click reply on the far right. It's crazy! I tried deleting cookies. I tried using a different browser - I get the same result. 

In addition - why doesn't this new system bring up the most used contacts when I begin to type in the compose box? The email address I most use is my own - to send work to myself and it doesn't even bring that up without me typing most of it in. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 52

Go to solution

I don't know if this is a new innovation from BT as so many new problems cropping up in the last week and it would appear it is from BT's end and not the customer. I do sometimes feel I am waging a one woman battle with BT and have been doing so for the last  10 years and getting nowhere. They are a law unto themselves and the last thing they consider is the customer. Why when they get so many complaints about the same thing don't they listen? Why anyway do so many things constantly go wrong that one has to complain all the time? I am elderly and on Pension Credit so am eligible for the BT Basic plan which makes it difficult to change companies, but I am now seriously looking to change as I  can't put up with all these problems and frustrations all the time. It means I will have to face higher charges which is a pain but it has to be done or BT will drive me mad. Apparently as well BT Basic is a cheaper package but also a cheaper service and the reason one cannot get BT TV with the cheaper package is they put you on to an older,  cheaper line. They hotly denied this when I asked but a recent visit from an engineer and he confirmed it was the case.  The last thing BT do is consider the customer. Perhaps when they lose too many customers they will start to listen but don't hold your breath.  

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 52

Go to solution

I empathise with you! I pay what for me is a fortune every month for BT broadband, phone package and landline, yet I constantly have to wrestle with problems. I live in an area with little or no mobile signal, yet when I recently had problems that needed an engineer's visit, I was sent a mini hub that relies on mobile connectivity! I am now expecting a new hub, but frankly I am not expecting a seamless transfer from the old one. Since I work from home (permanently, not just during lockdown), I need reliable wi-fi and the ability to easily and safely download and send files. Much more of this nonsense, and I shall also be leaving BT after decades of loyalty to them (though every year I have to spend time on the phone to them, thrashing out a more reasonable price - I don't want BT Sport or BT TV or BT Mobile or to stream films, etc … I just want a reliable broadband and Wi-FI service!). When your local library reopens, why not ask the librarians for information about checking for inexpensive alternatives; or Age UK shops help with advice on all sorts of day-to-day matters, free of charge. Good luck!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 20 of 52

Go to solution

Cray has found the solution - at least to the problem of viewing emails with one click. Go to the 'Change View' option in the top right hand corner of the email screen, then click on 'Right' for a preview. You will then see a list of your emails and can open any one with one click, as usual. The downside is that the list is compressed, so it's more difficult to make out the titles of the various messages. Nevertheless, it does at least allow you to view and compose emails in a more usual fashion. Thanks Cray!

0 Ratings