cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Email

When sending email with attachment, the recipient receives the email, when they click on attachment it opens in outlook email.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Email

The problem is at the recievers end. The must have their device set to open it in Outlook. 

Without knowing what device they are using it is not possible to tell how to change it to open the attachment with the correct program.

You would also have to say what type of attachment you are sending ie a document or a picture or something else.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

No, it's at my end, send one to myself it does the same. some of my XLSX have also changed to XLSM

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Does this happen with all attachments such as Word documents and Photos or is it only when you send Excel files?

Have you checked that if it is a document that you are composing and saving that you are saving it as the correct file type?

Have you checked to see what you are sending has the correct file extension assigned to it prior to attaching?

How are you sending the email and attachment. Is it using webmail (with a web browser) or are you using an email client/app?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

It seems to be just on excel files, I needed to forward several emails with these files on.  I am sending online through bt email. It is not files that I am composing, but have received, It has only just started happening, always been ok. I am presuming it is something I have clicked on but don't know what

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Are you sending them using a web browser?

When you add the attachment to your email, what does it show as the file type in the name of the document you are sending.

In this you can see one is showing docx and the other pdf.

Doc Type.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

No I am not using web browser, The files are already attached to email , they are xlsx files, I am forwarding the emails.

They then appear as xlsm files and the email opens another email which is in outlook

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

You and the person you are sending to must have Outlook set as the default program to open when the attachment is clicked.

0 Ratings