cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retro
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Email

I have just received an email supposedly fro BT telling me my email address will lapse after 16th September unless I do a link but I don't know if it is genuine. Can anyone verify this please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email

It is probably geniune, BT have been sending out genuine emails written in the style of a phishing email (thus encouraging people to phish).  Extremely irresponsible behaviour by BT.

The best thing to do is to sign into your email using the normal route.  That should prevent it lapsing.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

See this post and the link within it. Still waiting for a reply from moderators about it.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-Yahoo-email-backing-up-folders-to-PC/td-p/962594

retro
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

This was the same message I received today

0 Ratings
retro
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

It is correct that BT are setting up a new email system, what is in doubt is if the email that has been sent to some people is a genuine BT email or a phishing email.

There are many phishing emails purporting to be from BT doing the rounds so it is unsurprising that people are wary of this latest email from BT. 

It looks as though it is genuine but it would be nice to have this confirmed by a moderator. 

0 Ratings