cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredelseflyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Emails being sent to trash very quickly

I use BTYahoo mail. My emails are reaching my inbox and then very quickly they are sent to trash folder before I get to read them. Normally I access mail through Microsoft Outlook but posts don't get there now because they have already been moved.

I guess I must have accidentally changed a setting but I cannot find my way to a place where I can change back.

This is to replace my previous post as I have now ralised that messages do reach my inbox at least briefly.

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Emails being sent to trash very quickly

Are you collecting mail on more than one device, e.g a mobile as well as computer.

0 Ratings
fredelseflyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Yes I have put my account on my mobile as well (Android s4)

0 Ratings
fredelseflyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I have had the account on my phone for a long while

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

There's the problem. If you have set the account up as POP3 and not to leave a copy of the message on the server, the mail will be deleted as soon as it is downloaded to your mobile. Although BT don't actually delete the mail as they should, they transfer it the trash folder for an inderminate time before deleting. Either change your phone to IMAP or tick the option to leave a copy of the mail on the server in the app settings.

0 Ratings
fredelseflyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for that but I had ckecked that the box was ticked for the save a copy to server and also the emails are not reaching my phone either.

Is there a place where I can change the setting which governs how long mail stays in my inbox in yahoo mail?

Will I need to delete the email account on my phone and reinstall it?

0 Ratings
fredelseflyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I just looked in my trash folder again and there were some new emails. I moved these to my inbox and they were then sent to my phone so the move to trash is happening before mails go to my phone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@fredelseflyer wrote:

Is there a place where I can change the setting which governs how long mail stays in my inbox in yahoo mail?

No, they should only get moved to trash when they are downloaded to a client/app.

Will I need to delete the email account on my phone and reinstall it?

You could try, that but I doubt it will change things if your phone is not downloading the mails.

It might be worth changing your password just in the unlikely case that somebody else is downloading your mail on another device.

0 Ratings
fredelseflyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for trying. I'll look at the idea of changing my password

0 Ratings