Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
spock999
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Emails bouncing

Hi,

I am a user of 1password a password manager. I am trying to upgrade but the process requires the company Agilebits to send me an email. I am not sure of the exact address but it is probably a derivative of either agilebits.com or 1password.com.

I never receive the email and there is no sign of it. I am told by a team member that the emails are being bounced by the server. That suggests that the company domain is blacklisted for some reason.

What can I do about it? The company is a reputable one so I find this a bit surprising.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Emails bouncing

Hi.

What you can do is use a Gmail address instead.

I assume you don't know what the bounce message says.

0 Ratings
spock999
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I can ask Agilebits what it says. I don't have a gmail address and I have no intentions of signing up to Google (an entirely different issue which we don't need to get into here!!).

The basic issue is that the spam filter shouldn't be stopping users from dealing with reputable companies. The email in question is from hello@1password.com.

I was hoping that I could find a way to deal with the issue.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@spock999wrote:

I can ask Agilebits what it says. I don't have a gmail address and I have no intentions of signing up to Google (an entirely different issue which we don't need to get into here!!).

The basic issue is that the spam filter shouldn't be stopping users from dealing with reputable companies. The email in question is from hello@1password.com.

I was hoping that I could find a way to deal with the issue.

Thanks.

Hi.

This happens from time to time with BTinternet, so if you're not getting the expected emails - there really is only one solution.

You can't do anything about it I'm afraid. BT may, but don't hold your breath, they seem to think every similar report is new each time and don't investigate the root causes.

0 Ratings