cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Emails@btinternet.com

Go to solution

Hi For the last 10 days we have been either unable to sign in, sign in but to a corrupted screen or waited up to 60mins to get in whilst watching the dots flash. Despite the assertions from the person on the end of the phone that it is due to us having too many browsers open......we do not ! We are on old copper wires in a rural location and at the end of the  line from where the box is located . So if we get a speed above 1 we are blessed. We have new computers and have turned hubs on and off, cleared browsing history and cookies. 

I have taken a photo of the old screen that comes up but its too large to post at the moment.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thankyou

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Emails@btinternet.com

Go to solution

So just so I am clear, the problem is with signing into to read emails? I know you said your line speed is low but are you able to read other web pages okay?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hello @stevebrass . Thankyou for getting back to me. yes I cannot sign in or if I do get in after a long wait 20 mins + I then get an old style screen, Cannot open links or attachments . For example a notification came through that I had a reply and a link to press. Could not open and only found this reply from you by scrolling through this community page.  I can get into facebook, other websites but not @ btinternet.com. I have a screenshot but it is over 333k and sorry I do not know how to reduce the file size. You could then see what I mean.

Regards Gill

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

What device and operating system are you using and which browser are you using?

Have you tried a different browser to see if it is a browser problem?

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi . Yes have used Microsoft Edge, and Firefox . Is there another you would suggest.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

BTMail should work on either of those browsers. You could try Chrome but as Edge is Chrome based I would expect it to behave in the same way.

Are you possibly using an "old" log on shortcut. What happens when you use this link.

BT Email 

Does this happen on more than one device?

Have you tried logging on on a different Internet connection such as at a friends house?

Have you tried a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds?

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hello again Sage,

Yes it happens on  all 3 devices.

Hub has been reset several times. Am going to take your advice on trying it at a friends house.

Just tried your advice to try the link you sent. Still same problem.

The only possible good news is that we have an engineer coming on Monday, but what he can do via the line into the house I don't know.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Another option would be to try a web client on your machines - for example Thunderbird or Outlook.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Thankyou. Using outlook I can get my emails and my email history for the last 3 months. That's great. I can't seem to do attachments with it but its a start. I will update when I take my computer to a friends house tomorrow to try their wifi service.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Great news! 

0 Ratings