cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Emails disappeared without trace from a couple of folders

Has anyone else had this issue? Almost all the emails in my Sent folder disappeared and all of those in another folder. I've tried Online Chat a couple of times about this one. Firstly I was told it was because I was using POP3 rather than IMAP. I checked and all the clients I use are set to IMAP. Then, without evidence, I was told the problem is with my client and that it's a known problem when using clients and I should use Webmail occasionally to stop it happening. These are important emails that have gone missing and I'm told nothing can be done to get them back. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Emails disappeared without trace from a couple of folders

MODERATORS HELP PLEASE - In a post on a thread from Feb 21 this year (all sent messages deleted by server) Johnoo advised that a moderator had passed the issue to an expert and the emails had been recovered. Please can the same be done here please.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Emails disappeared without trace from a couple of folders

Hi @IanWatson,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if your emails are missing.

If you take a look at BT Email: some of my emails are missing. Can I recover them? you'll find a few things to check.

If you are using a number of different email clients and devices it could be that one of them is set up on POP instead of IMAP by mistake.

If the emails have been deleted we won't be able to recover them. If you send me your details I can get the email to check why the emails have been deleted.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings