Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
al123
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Emails disappeared

I was wondering if anyone had the same issue where their emails have just disappeared completely from their account? I've called BT Support but their first line only went through the basic "check the trash, spam and other folders".

It looks like all my emails have been deleted from the server and I'm not sure why. I questioned the person on the phone and he didn't seem to know why. It happened around yesterday afternoon, but surely BT would not delete your emails without prior consent? I can definitely send and receive emails as I have tested it.

I know that you can recover emails using BT Yahoo Mail, but I have a btinternet.com email address so it is a BT Mail; it doesn't give you an option to recover any emails at all. I've made the precaution by changing my email password just in case.

The problem is, I have a few important information held on the email account that I need to recover and I was wondering who would be the best person to speak to?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Emails disappeared

Hopefully one of the mods will be along. BTW, a btinternet.com email address can be either BTYahoo or BT Mail.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @al123 Sorry you are not able to find the emails on your account. I take it that the support team checked you logged in via https://www.bt.com/email directly as opposed to using an email client. If not please check if the emails are showing there.

If you are still unable to view the emails we will be happy to help you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
doobedoob
Message 4 of 4

John I have had a similar problem with one of my sub accounts, although not all of the emails have gone just the immediate past 7 months dating back to 11 or 12 of december 2016 (both inbox AND sent mail) dissapeared everthing before that is in tact.  I checked the trash, spam and archive boxes and nothing was there, although the trash box did have the recent files I had deleted (not the ones that should have been in the inbox or sent mail boxes). 

I checked through a webmail login (BT site) and this reflected the same situation I have described above.  How can I get those files returned to my inbox and sent mail?

0 Ratings