cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Emails disappeared

Around the tail-end of 2023, i realised i was missing a large volume of emails from my mail app, and webmail.  Seemingly all inbox mails between 2013 and October 2023 had disappeared. I have had a couple of attempts at resolving this with BT support, to no avail.

I can confirm that my iphone is set up with IMAP, i have no special rules/filters on my account that would've deleted emails, i have not manually deleted any emails either.  

I have been using BTemail for 15-20 years and never had this issue before.

Given the similar queries raised around this time, would this not suggest a technical issue on BT's side?!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Emails disappeared

@logd19 

As has already been pointed out on your other post that the other customers post is well over a year old and not at same time as your mail problemn

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

When similar problems were reported previously and a check with the BT email team was instigated by the moderators of the forum it was apparently found the the email deletions were triggered by the complainers Apple devices.

As far as I can recall there were no similar problems posted from Android users which would tend to indicate that there was/is a technical issue at Apple's side.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

if this is the case, has anyone shared if Apple were able to recover deleted emails?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Apple do not have access to BTMail servers or any other email providers servers. If they did I for one would not be using that email providers service.

Once emails are deleted from the BTMail account they are permanently deleted from the BT servers and can not be recovered. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I am still having deletions to my email account and losing further daily.  I have attempted to remove the account on my iphone and re-add as IMAP, however iOS automatically pulls the email account details from a server and defaults to POP.  I have again spoken to Apple support who tell me that there is no way to override this, and this is a back-end issue with BT.  I seem to be going round in circles here....Can anyone point me to a thread where someone has successfully changed their BT mail to IMAP settings please?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Apple as usual are talking complete and utter bo******.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Nightmare-adding-email-account-to-Apple-devices/td-p/2282006

Message 18 in particular

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

thank you!  managed to do this...but the pop/imap choice only becomes available when you fail to enter the correct email password on the first screen.....absolutely bonkers. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I wonder why I wouldn't touch Apple products with a ten foot bargepole!!

0 Ratings