cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Emails disappearing before being read and it says 2 unread when there are none

Go to solution

There are no emails in my inbox as they have disappeared once I clicked on them to read them. It says there are 2 unread emails when there are none. I've tried deleting the mail app, reinstalling the email details, I've tried using the BT email app (it still says 2 unread), I've gone on the email page on bt.com (still 2 unread). 

Is there any way of getting rid of the false 2 unread number and stop it deleting the emails before I've read them.

Thank you

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Emails disappearing before being read and it says 2 unread when there are none

Go to solution

Hi @Jenny72, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry that you are having these strange issues with your email account. Have you recently changed your password?
Have you checked on webmail www.bt.com/email if the same issues occur on that platform. If not test it out and post back and let me know how you get on.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: Emails disappearing before being read and it says 2 unread when there are none

Go to solution

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't recently changed the password.

When I go onto the webmail page I get new emails and can read and delete them but once they are all deleted it still says I have 2 unread in the inbox

Thanks

Jenny

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Jenny72,

We may need to take this in and help you out. Before I do, can you change your email password for me, please? Also, do you know if you had any other devices accessing your email address other than the app? An old email client perhaps like Outlook or Thunderbird?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS 

Thanks for your reply.

I've changed the email and forwarded an email from another device. It appeared for a split second and then disappeared.

I haven't accessed the emails from anything apart from the ipad and been on my BT website mail page.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Jenny72,

Thank you for posting back. If you send me your details, I'll be able to get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Jenny72

Thanks for sending me the message to let me know the changes my colleagues have made have resolved the issue you were having - I am really pleased to see that.

I'll go ahead and close this off from here but if you have any problems down the line you know where we are.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings