cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
st0ne5ish
Message 21 of 259

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

Same here, this is only happening in Outlook, if I check the inbox on webmail new ones arrive however as soon as I open Outlook they appear in the Outlook inbox, quickly disappear and then disappear in webmail also.

0 Ratings
peterwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 259

I am not sure that is true. They are disappearing off the BT server whether outlook is running or not.

Catkinface
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 259

I'm finding that this is only hppening in Outlook, and not webmail. My iphone has been affected now too. All my emails on my phone have now disappeared . I have no idea why. This needs to be addressed by BT as a matter of urgency. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Catkinface
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 259

Just FYI I created a folder called inbox 2 and moved the emails there as soon as they arrived. This did NOT solve the problem as exactly the same thing was happening in inbox 2. Did you achieve success doing this? 

Also I keep getting a red error message each time I try to post telling me that an invalid HTML is in my posts when this is incorrect. Cant BT do anything right? 

0 Ratings
John1799
Beginner
Message 25 of 259

Yes.  Exactly the same problem.  I had online chat with Microsoft first, - they got me to check the webmail, and when I saw the mail had gone from there as well they suggested it must be the service provider.  I've complained by phone to BT.  They took it seriously, and will respond in 48hrs.  They sent a confirmation email, but that has since disappeared (I got a screenshot though).  I have created another folder, and resorted to copying new items in the Inbox to the other folder as well.  Have to do it quickly though ! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 259

Not sure if this will work, but forwarding can be set up to (for example) a Gmail account which should then, at least, see  the emails. Though there have been some issues getting the forwarded address verified.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 259

@Catkinfacewrote:

I'm finding that this is only hppening in Outlook, and not webmail. My iphone has been affected now too. All my emails on my phone have now disappeared . I have no idea why. This needs to be addressed by BT as a matter of urgency. 

To me that seems to indicate an IMAP fault (if indeed that's a thing!)

0 Ratings
st0ne5ish
Message 28 of 259

Tried forwarding but guess what, that does not work either because you can't verify the address you want to forward to, what an excellent service...  and if you check the BT service status page it shows everything is still fine, brilliant! 

0 Ratings
John1799
Beginner
Message 29 of 259

It's still a problem !  I received two emails alerting me oo your posts, then went to check my phone (I have forwarding set up to a gmail account).   While I was actually checking the phone, the alert emaqils both disappeared from Outlook !!

The alert emails weren't showing on the gmail  account, and neither were some earlier test messages that I'd emailed to myself.  However, some of the day's emails did make it to gmail, so it's not consistent.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 259

@John1799wrote:

The alert emails weren't showing on the gmail  account, and neither were some earlier test messages that I'd emailed to myself.  However, some of the day's emails did make it to gmail, so it's not consistent.

Thanks very much for checking. I'm sure that's valuable feedback for the moderators when they have this investigated.

0 Ratings