cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_of_Kent
Beginner
Message 101 of 260

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

Slight improvement. Emails still disappear from Outlook inbox on my laptop but not on my Samsung phone.

0 Ratings
Jerry1
Beginner
Message 102 of 260

I've also lost  emails from both my Outlook and BTYahoo inboxes today.  I thought I was imagining it, that I'd inadvertently deleted them or misplaced them in a personal folder, until I saw one disappear in front of my eyes - about four more followed.

I happened across this forum in search of information or advice and have registered to log this comment.  By the looks of other comments BT is struggling to solve the problem. 

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 103 of 260

@Jerry1wrote:

I've also lost  emails from both my Outlook and BTYahoo inboxes today.  I thought I was imagining it, that I'd inadvertently deleted them or misplaced them in a personal folder, until I saw one disappear in front of my eyes - about four more followed.

I happened across this forum in search of information or advice and have registered to log this comment.  By the looks of other comments BT is struggling to solve the problem. 

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Stop using Outlook at least for the BTinternet email until the issue is solved.

It's a Yahoo fault, not specifically BT as it also affects their other ISP partners like Sky and AT&T

0 Ratings
Aland1
Beginner
Message 104 of 260

Thanks Andy. I was trying to find something about it on the BT website but without success. I am trying to report it as a fault but that particular page has hung up!
0 Ratings
RafalNap
Beginner
Message 105 of 260

From personal experience - after setting up POP3 (instead of IMAP)  for @btinternet.com all is OK. Mails do not disappear from Outlook's Inbox. Unfortunately POP3 is not supported on iOS any more. 

0 Ratings
AngusK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 106 of 260

Hi @bfcs ,

Your answer about the Outlook traffic being routed to a particular server (which is faulty) does make sense.  What do you think about this as a temporary workaround:

--> My Android phone has no problems.  It connects to android.imap.mail.yahoo.com (port 993)

--> My Windows 10 Mail application also has no problems.  It connects to imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:1

--> My Outlook 2016 *does* have problems, but it also connects to imap.mail.yahoo.com (port 993)

What about changing the server which Outlook uses to android.imap.mail.yahoo.com?  I know that Windows 10 Mail and Outlook connect to the same server and the same port, and I can only assume that the final ":1" of the server details in Mail is a sub-net mask, but do you think pointing Outlook at a server which isn't facing problems will do the trick?

Angus

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 107 of 260

If you have a xxxxx@btinternet.com you shouldn't be using any of those servers, you should be using mail.btinternet.com in all cases.

0 Ratings
AngusK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 108 of 260

Hi @licquorice .

I don't have an 'xxxxx@btinternet.com' account, I have an 'xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk' account.

0 Ratings
jaycee2
Beginner
Message 109 of 260

I too have emails randomly disappearing shortly after receiving them. Disappear from Outlook and from BT/Yahoo mail. Is this a BT/Yahoo issue? If so, they should own up and tell us what is being done.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 110 of 260

@AngusK wrote:

Hi @licquorice .

I don't have an 'xxxxx@btinternet.com' account, I have an 'xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk' account.

In which case why are you (a) posting on a BT forum about BT emails and (b) encouraging  BT customers to use incorrect servers which may lead to their accounts being deleted.

0 Ratings