Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngusK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 111 of 260

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

Hi again @licquorice 

It doesn't work anyway 😞

What I have noticed, however, is that for me the problem is getting worse.  Yesterday it was only the e-mail at the top of the list which went when I moved into a folder.  Today it is *all* of the messages in the folder.  I've got a backup of most of my messages anyway, so I'm happy to play with it like this.

Angus

0 Ratings
AngusK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 260

Hi @licquorice ,

I am posting here because this is a problem with Yahoo e-mail addresses as well as BT ones.  From what I understand BT hosts Yahoo mail as well as Sky (Sky users are also having problems, I notice).  You will also notice that my message about the mail servers was to a different user, not as a general 'solution' to everybody (it doesn't make any difference anyway - my e-mails still disappear).

Angus

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 113 of 260

@jaycee2 wrote:

I too have emails randomly disappearing shortly after receiving them. Disappear from Outlook and from BT/Yahoo mail. Is this a BT/Yahoo issue? If so, they should own up and tell us what is being done.

I take it you didn't read all the thread and in particular messages 69 and 86.

SteveJ1
Beginner
Message 114 of 260

Exactly the same is happening to me today.  2 work related e-mails, a general e-mail, and a confirmation of delivery (I cannot collect the item without showing this e-mail) all disappeared in front of my eyes from my inbox, 1 even when it was open and I was reading it.

BT, please explain and tell us exactly what to do to retrieve these e-mails.

0 Ratings
StewM100
Beginner
Message 115 of 260

My inbox emails have completely disappeared on my Apple products but ok when I go into but.com

i have a yahoo server but a bit.com email. However what I have found the incoming server has disappeared off my phone and email but the outgoing one is still ther.... strange

0 Ratings
SteveJ1
Beginner
Message 116 of 260

I have, like many of you, just spoken to a lady at BT Swansea, and she advised that this is a known issue today (Friday 25th) and is being worked on although she was unable to give a timeframe for resolution.  Hopefully, all e-mails will be recoverable once the issue is fixed.

As an aside, it was good to be able to speak to someone in UK with some sense, rather than being redirected to some supposedly highly educated muppets in India who can never seem to help.  Moving call centres back to UK is one of the few things that BT has done right!

jaycee2
Beginner
Message 117 of 260

Thanks for that. I didn't read the full thread. Good to know that there is a rational explanation.

0 Ratings
StewM100
Beginner
Message 118 of 260

Spelling corrected

My inbox emails have completely disappeared on my Apple products but ok when I go into bt.com /yahoo

i have a yahoo server but a bt.com email. However what I have found is the incoming server has disappeared off my i phone and iPad and but the outgoing one is still there so I can send but not receive emails ...strange

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 119 of 260

If you have a BTYahoo email account you should be using the BT servers not the Yahoo ones.

0 Ratings
StewM100
Beginner
Message 120 of 260

I have tried both servers and also Apple have been trying to sort this issue as well from there end for me to ensure it was not a problem with my phone.

0 Ratings