cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Earlybird
Aspiring Contributor
Message 131 of 260

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

This problem (disappearing emails) just started for me today but my wife's emails have been affected since Tuesday. I have just lost an important email and its attachments. If Yahoo/BT have known about this issue for days, why have users not been told about it and any workarounds? I only found this forum when searching the internet for "disappearing emails". Up till then I was suspecting Outlook and looking in the wrong place. This is appalling. Can I ever trust BT again?

"....if it says Yahoo top left, you're BTYahoo.

This is a Yahoo fault, so will not affect BT Mail users."

For me it says BT top left so I assume I am a BT Mail user and it IS affecting me.

0 Ratings
Earlybird
Aspiring Contributor
Message 132 of 260

Oops...OK, having now properly logged in the email, I see BT Yahoo top left.

0 Ratings
RevDave
Contributor
Message 133 of 260

Me too! I thought I imagined it at first, but then I was actually working on one of two emails with attachments and when I next looked, both had gone! Fortunately I had saved the attachment I had open, but lost the other one. Nothing has changed in my Outlook 365 and I have IMAP accounts, both btinternet.com (BT-Yahoo) accounts.

this is very disturbing as I won't know if an email has gone missing! Likewise with other users here, the emails disappear spontaneously without trace - nothing in spam, trash, archive etc not even in the web-based version when I checked it out.

Do any of your 'distinguished Gurus' who moderate this thread have any serious suggestions? we are clearly not imagining this and for me it started only today.

0 Ratings
Junep
Aspiring Contributor
Message 134 of 260

This scenario is EXACTLY what has happened to me since approximately 6 pm this afternoon.  I am so glad to know that I not alone!    

0 Ratings
Message 135 of 260

Like everyone else, I found this by accident. Yahoo is now merrily deleting all of my historical emails, including incoming ones. I’m not a computer techie. I DON’T WANT TO BE! I don’t want to waste days trying to interpret the help I might randomly find on google. And bless you people for suggesting workarounds, but I don’t have time to apply them (though I have tried a few). I simply want to be able to function and do my work. I work a good ten hours a day on constant catch up after a year where my husband has been struggling with an operation gone wrong – and an extremely serious illness myself. We are fighters. This is beating us. BT owe it to us to keep us informed. We shouldn’t have to rely on google, searching through maze of information to arrive here, with still no resolution. They could have let us know. Oh, but then, the email probably would have been DELETED. Please, please sort this out BT. Or at least have the decency to inform us if you can’t. You are causing unnecessary stress and actually ruining people’s lives. Surely this can’t be right. I will looking to move servers away from Yahoo, obviously, which will involve yet more endless days lost for me. I consider that a bit sad when I’ve stuck with Yahoo for years. Ah well. Clearly, we who keep this ball rolling, are not important. Good luck everyone. x

0 Ratings
AngusK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 136 of 260

Almost good news, but not quite.  Earlier today I went onto the Yahoo support pages and selected the 'Restore emails accidentally deleted' option.  About 20 minutes ago they all reappeared in my inbox, but a quick test on Outlook soon saw them vanish again.

The *actual* good news is that the e-mails when were restored included all the test e-mails which Outlook had been merrily deleting for me, so I have some positive belief that they will reappear once more when this is resolved.

OrganistDave
Beginner
Message 137 of 260

I'm another victim.  The problem began for me this morning - or at least, that's when I first noticed it.

As a friend had received an email purporting to come from me earlier in the week, which I dismissed as just another earlier attempt to get my address book and send emails under my name, although the recipient said it did actually show my email address too.  So I thought it was a security issue and changed my password, but the problem has continued.

I'm getting round it by snatching the incoming emails in Outlook and moving them immediately to another folder, such as an Inbox from a different email, and so far that seems to be working.

At least I now know I'm not alone!

OrganistDave
Beginner
Message 138 of 260

I've just had an on-line chat and got this answer:

"I can see that there is a server error that is causing the problem its not with a problem with you its a server issue and you wont loose any of the emails once the issue is fixed all the emails will get back to your inbox .So you can relax and leave this to us as some up gradation is going on for the betterment of the services.

That's an explanation I can live with - I thought it might be a security issue and changed my password without success, so it's obviously just another case of improvements causing problems - it's a disease of life today. Thank you for the information."

Time will tell!

Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 139 of 260

@RevDavewrote:

Do any of your 'distinguished Gurus' who moderate this thread have any serious suggestions? we are clearly not imagining this and for me it started only today.

The moderators moderate the forum.

There have been some suggestions like setting a forwarding to a (for example) gmail account, or at least not to use Outlook until Yahoo fix the issue.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 140 of 260

@OrganistDavewrote:

As a friend had received an email purporting to come from me earlier in the week, which I dismissed as just another earlier attempt to get my address book and send emails under my name, although the recipient said it did actually show my email address too.  So I thought it was a security issue and changed my password, but the problem has continued.

The spam/scam email hasn't been sent from your account. Hackers got into the "system" years ago, and effectively stole account contacts against the account email address (for those that use webmail). So this is why they can send emails pretending to be from you to your contacts.

It might not actually be your correct email address, just your "name" with a different address. However your contacts might think it's you. I've seen both scenarios.

0 Ratings