cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HowardH
Contributor
Message 201 of 260

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

Don't trust it George. That is the same version being used by posters losing emails from their inboxes in the corresponding thread in the AT&T forum https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/emails-disappear/td-p/5833582/page/4

0 Ratings
GeorgeBowyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 202 of 260

Hmm the guy in that thread says 20344, whereas mine is 20334, but that could be a typo on his part.

Mine was an auto-update from Office365 today, so I presume it's the latest.

Inbox still holding steady at the mo (I have hopefully  saved what I need,  so am prepared to take a bit of a risk to test it...)

0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 203 of 260

Hah, I didn't notice the difference you spotted, George; typo sounds right. Mine also updated this morning to the same version as you.  I have no intention of using it with IMAP until the all-clear is sounded.

0 Ratings
MartinS1
Beginner
Message 204 of 260

An update.

To be fair to them, this was suggested by the BT Customer Support desk.

I looked at the Incoming and the Outgoing (SMTP) servers used by my email accounts.  These were (and have been for years):

imap.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I changed these both to:

mail.btinternet.com

and since then none of my messages have disappeared.

The ones that did disappear have not come back, but I suppose I will have to live with that.

Shame that BT never gave users a warning that, if they were using Yahoo servers, they absolutely had to change to btinternet servers.  Maybe they did and I missed it .....

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 205 of 260

The Yahoo servers have never ever been the official servers to use with xxx@btinternet.com addresses. Mail.btinternet.com has always been the correct server. Unfortunately, many email clients choose the incorrect servers when automatically setting up accounts hence the advice here is always to manually set up accounts.

0 Ratings
RevDave
Contributor
Message 206 of 260

not sure if that is a coincidence - I've been using mail.btinternet.com servers for POP3, IMAP and SMTP at various stages with my @btinternet.com addresses for over a decade now. Something changed on 22/10 and I have still lost a few emails, though not as many as others have been reporting.

0 Ratings
TrevorWatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 207 of 260

Not sure that is the solution as I'm set up as mail.btinternet.com  and continue to loose emails if I use Outlook.  

0 Ratings
HolmPC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 208 of 260

All my clients that have reported the problem to me are using mail.btinternet.com and are losing mail with those settings.

0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 209 of 260

I assume I am not alone in very recently receiving hundreds of emails from last week, all the deleted emails and even more that were received in the normal way.  Looks like we may be on the way to being back to normal service.

0 Ratings
Aland1
Beginner
Message 210 of 260

All my emails are back including ones I had deleted myself.

0 Ratings